• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 100 ATR Bolt Action Accessories...

Quick question
friend of mine owns a night train II with a barska scope.
was wondering what people thought of this scope. was thinking of putting on 4x4 if i can get one.

I have heard some good things about the Barska scopes but I am personally a huge fan of the Redfield Revolution scopes for the money.

I have a Centerpoint 4-16 40mm scope, shooters ridge rockmount bipod, a winchester razor sling, and a around stock ammo holder

Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"

Harris bipod, TruGlo 3.5-10x50mm BDC scope, stock cover, home-made 1 1/4 nylon sling and a simple paint job to make it look different from all the other black rifles on the line.

rifle2.jpg

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Mak-90 !!

When you find the time, please stop by the New Members Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community...Thanks !

I dont care for either brands, you get what you pay for with optics. I'm not saying slap on a Swarvaski (spelling?) but I have a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44sf BDC and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum callmedoug87 !!

Last 2 times I was in San Diego for my job, I stayed in La Jolla...Torrey Pines Hilton.

I've got a Nikon Pro-staff in 3-9x40 with the BDC reticle and I like it alot.

I'd recommend hitting OpticsPlanet.com for any optics purchase unless you're set on buying in a store and having it immediately.

+ 1 for Opticsplanet.com. They're pretty much my go-to for optics as well as many other firearm accessories...

rudrod91 said:
Quick question
friend of mine owns a night train II with a barska scope.
was wondering what people thought of this scope. was thinking of putting on 4x4 if i can get one.
I have had absolutely no issues with the scope that came on my Night Train II. http://www.barska.com/Riflescopes-6-24x60_IR_SWAT_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska.html
The rings that came with it Broke however :| But the scope works just fine. If you happen to get this scope I would suggest All steel rings IMO.

I am having a ball with my new 100 ATR....I upgraded the scope right after I bought it and I just added a bipod. Now I am considering a cheek pad. How do you guys feel about them? Will it help accuracy? I hunt coyotes with the rifle but also enjoy bench shooting with it. All opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Attachments

• IMG00016-20120608-1952.jpg
    IMG00016-20120608-1952.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 5,015
nikko stirling game king 4-16x came free when i bought the rifle. i bought new steel bases and warne rings. the oringinal rings slipped on the scope and bases, left lovely scratch marks on the scope it's all good now.

Joe W. said:
I am having a ball with my new 100 ATR....I upgraded the scope right after I bought it and I just added a bipod. Now I am considering a cheek pad. How do you guys feel about them? Will it help accuracy? I hunt coyotes with the rifle but also enjoy bench shooting with it. All opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

sweet lookin set up joe...

if the cheek pad makes shooting it more comfortable than with out it, then by all means get one. you can always return it if it turns out that you do not like it. also...if it is comfortable, then it just may improve your accuracy, in both hunting and target shooting.

I'm with RipJack! I say go for the cheek riser, a good cheek weld that is comfortable can only be positive!

LaLey said:
What bipod do you have on it? I'm looking to add one to mine.

Hi Laley.....that is a Caldwell bipod.....Lazy Eyed Sniper suggested it to me as a substitute for the Harris.....I am very pleased with it. It is indeed the 9-13 inch model.....found it on sale for $40.00.

I have also since added a Boyds thumbhole stock:

Attachments

• .243.jpg
    .243.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 3,796
Back