• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 100 ATR Night Train Bolt Action

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
26200.jpg

100 ATR® Night Train™: Black is Beautiful.

Built on the basic 100 ATR short-action, the NIght Train comes standard with a Picatinny rail for the ultimate in scope mounting versatility, and a factory-mounted and bore sighted 4-16x50mm variable scope with sunshade.

Other features further adding to the Night Train's incredible value are a folding bi-pod, flip open lens protectors, and a heavy-duty nylon sling.

With features and accuracy matching tactical rifles costing two and three times more, the new 100n ATR Night Train is the one to beat.

they are nice

i have handled one and the only thing I dont like about it is the bipod its a pos in my opinion

The night train II's appear to have a better bipod, as well as a few other differences. If I can get a good deal on a II I'll go that route, othewise, I can always swap out the bipod. The first night train's are about 300 bucks cheaper.

Broke down and placed an order for one today! Decided againts the II and went with the first model. Function over looks. I will post pics when it arrives.

Will

I look forward to hearing what you think of the Mossberg 100 ATR Night Train bolt action rifle when it arrives.

Gallery of Guns sold out of the six they had in stock in less than 24 hours. Any hesitation I had about ordering it yesterday is GONE. Glad I did. When I checked this morning, they still had 3 available, and I'd been waiting for a couple of months for them to get some in stock. Hoping they ship it to my dealer here soon, looking to take possession in 2-3 weeks likely, with the 10 day waiting period. But I'll get those pics up ASAP.

Will

It arrived at my dealer yesterday. I will try to get down there this week to start the paperwork and maybe snap a pic or two, if the old fart that runs the place is in a good mood. :lol:

Brought her home this evening. Very happy. The pictures do not do it justice. It feels very good, lighter than a similarly modified Rem 700, likely due to the stock and the fluted barrel. I took the liberty of moving the bipod so it swings forward, no idea why Mossberg mounted it pointing backwards, but it was easy enough to do. Taking her out this weekend to put it through the paces. I will report back on Sunday.

Will

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 3,729
  • IMAG0310.jpg
    IMAG0310.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 3,724
  • IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 3,724
Really disappointed this weekend. Took the rifle out to run some rounds through it. After about 10rounds we noticed it was off. Adjusted for windage, another few rounds, still no dice. Go to take the cap off the elevation adjustment and it won't budge. finally get it loose, and the finger adjuster comes off with the cap. It was tightened down so far that we could not get it off in the field. The threads also looked to be mildly stripped. So long story short, didn't hit much and now have a useless scope that i need to send in for warranty. Not very pleased so far. The rifle functioned well and is a blast to shoot, but not pleased with quality control. They also left the scope loose in the rings.

Just got off the phone with Mossberg, they are going to send a call tag for the gun and take it back, replace the scope, and sight it in at the range, providing the target to show it's dialed in. They got back to me within 24 hours. Hopefully this will all work out.

Will

I picked up a Night Train a few weeks ago and found the Barska scope to be a POS. It was not put in the rings straight and was obviously canted from the factory. Scope went on eBay and I found a nice BDC TruGlo. After that, I have have had nothing but good shooting from mine. With factory American Eagle 150-grainers, I am easily getting 1-1 1/2" groups @ 100 yards. I also ebayed the crappy ATI bipod and purchased a Harris.

Got the rifle back. Extremely pleased with Mossberg's customer service. They went above and beyond my expectations. When I sent the rifle back with a description of what happened, and how displeased I was with the scope that it came with, I asked if they could replace it with scopes fitted to the Night Train II's, and they did! Took about 2 weeks, and it's back in my locker. Couldn't be happier. They also sent me a copy of the target they used to sight it in at 50yds. Nice group. I can't wait to take it to the range.

Will

Need cheek rest for a Night Train?

Can anyone recommend a good cheek rest for the Night Train? It comes with the wrap around style but I don't like it and would rather have something clamp on and adjustable.

What thoughts do you have?

Re: Need cheek rest for a Night Train?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Expat_PM !!

Can't recommend anything right now, but if I come across something, I will advise !

Back