• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Re: Just some more pics of my 464 ZMB

Flash suppressor or muzzle break you tell me... And a shot of the front fiber optic sight.

Quick detach scope... Very nice and still can see the iron sights even with the weaver 403's on

Fore hand grip very cool! And helps with the action and keeping on target when repeating

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354078139.992540.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354078139.992540.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 1,608
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354078219.526130.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354078219.526130.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354078314.576427.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354078314.576427.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,607

And yeah I spray painted over the green I am in the middle of distressing it... It will look much better in the near future not so bold but still green leeking thru.

It's not your gun till you make it yours so that's the story on the spray paint

Nice. That's the first one I've seen outside of the OFM ads.

What kind of scope do you have on it?

Commies, meth-heads, tweakers, home invaders, and other criminals hell-bent on hurting you or your family sure do have a big surprise in store if they decide to mess wif you!

You have one very mean-ass looking lever rifle there.

How's the overall accuracy at the distances you forsee having to shoot?

MikeD said:
Nice. That's the first one I've seen outside of the OFM ads.

What kind of scope do you have on it?

It is a utg 4x32

It's a great lil scope all kinds of adjustable. And I love the lit crosshairs

Can see great up to about 125 yards and then it gets to be a lil hazy

But still at 125 yards (and 125 in my part of Oklahoma is a long shot) its dead accurate and only tightens up as you get closer to your target meth heads included lol

Utg bipod anyone? :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354318164.758703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354318164.758703.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,537

I've got one of those UTG bipods around here somewhere. It's a solid little unit...

They have one down at my LGS I have looked at a few times If its there January 2nd its mine!!

My 1st lever gun

Just got it this past week.....shot it for the 1st time today.

photobucket-5939-1354410388359-1.jpg

Hey all, new to this forum. I have a small assortment of long & handguns...one other Mossy besides the 464....it's a bolt-action 12 ga. that was my Dad's farm truck gun, but that's for another forum.

The 464 is my 1st lever gun & my 1st 30-30....bought it primarily for wild hogs on our farm. It was a heck of a lot of fun shooting it today. I don't know why I waited so long to get one! After having a little trouble(explained below)with it out of the box, I was very happy with it at the range today. Very smooth & easy to shoot with open sites. I'm definitely no marksman, but the indoor range is 25yds, so even I can hit the target! Here was my 1st 7 out of the gun...

2012-12-01_16-10-38_39.jpg

The next few groups I did some adjustments to the rear sites, & had some trouble getting used to the trigger pull(had a few wild shots). By the 5th group it settled down pretty well....

2012-12-01_16-10-46_307-2.jpg

We''l see next weekend if I can hit anything further out. I used a variety of ammo at the range today...Federal core-lokt 150g, Winchester jacketed hollow points 150g, & a Serbian brand 150g flat-nosed. Both groups pictured above happened to be the Serbian ammo.

Earlier in the week I was having problems w/ the cartridges hanging up pretty often at the mouth of the magazine tube when 1st cycling rounds thru the action. Also, some were hanging up between the bolt & ramp. Must be a break-in issue because I had only one temporary hang up today.

Jeff

Re: My 1st lever gun

The 464 is high on my list of guns to purchase. Keep us updated on how she does in the field with the hogs.

Did you ever buy that 395 bolt-action 12ga from your local pawn shop? I saw your post over in the discontinued model forum from a couple of years ago.

That's the same gun my Dad left in his farm truck for varmints. I have the working parts cleaned up & lubed, but the stock needs attention. It has the select-choke.

Jeff

Good lookin gun man! I too want a lever gun someday and I'm really likin the 464 marinecote.

Rossignol said:
I'm really likin the 464 marinecote.

I was really eyeing that model too, but decided to go the more classic look. In fact, I was really struggling to decide between the walnut/pistol grip vs. classic straight grip in birch. I would have gone w/ the straight grip if were offered in walnut.

I guess, in truth, I'd like one of each. :lol:

Jeff

One of each? Ain't it the truth! One is never enough!

My brother had a 464 Lever and he loved it! He just didn't have a job to purchase ammo so he sold it for a laptop lol...

It out shot my Grand Fathers Marlin all day, every day!

Back