Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Discussion in 'Mossberg 464 Lever Action' started by eganfan, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Ivan Santos

Ivan Santos .22LR

So I got the Xs sights for the mossberg 464 and we'll I'm not if I installed it correctly.

Should there be a gap between the rail and the gun?
  2. Ivan Santos

Ivan Santos .22LR

[​IMG]

Forgot to add the picture.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
  3. Cobra246

Cobra246 Copper BB

[​IMG]
    Mine worked great. Sad to say i sold it :(

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
  4. Ivan Santos

Ivan Santos .22LR

Man, said to hear that.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Oh my! Look what I just found on the kwiksite website. And it's silver too!

They make one exactly like the one I bought except it's longer for offset mounting, and I can cut it and drill it to match the 464 exactly.
    Screenshot_20160518-090616.png
    Hmmm... that screenshot does not show the part number.

ksbp-385 is the part number for the silver one.
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

20160312_111207.jpg

The short one that I have now does not allow me to get 4 screws into the receiver so unfortunately it's kind of a weak setup.

Now I can fix that
    sullivan likes this.
  7. Brksanman

Brksanman .22LR

Hello everyone, long time lurk first time post. I have a 464 with the wood stock and I'm looking for some help in determining which picatinny or weaver style base fits the top of the receiver. What I'm looking to do specifically is attach a single point sling via a magpul or UTG mount. I would also appreciate any input on whether the addition of these two pieces may interfere with the sights. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  8. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

If you look up the tree there's a whole thread with dozens of posts about this subject.

The short answer is you use a split mount. One little piece of Weaver 406 goes in front and in back of the ejection port.

I didn't do that. I drilled the rail from a Thompson Contender to match the 464 holes. Then I relieved the rail adjacent to the ejection port so the shells would eject.

I posted pictures of this in the "464 scope rings and bases thread."
    Brksanman likes this.
  9. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

I merged your post in to the scope rings and bases for the 464 thread that is referenced above. There are lots of pics and ideas and while I don't myself have a 464, I've found myself looking through pics anyway to get ideas for the rifle I do have. I'm hopeful this will help answer your questions! :)
    Brksanman likes this.
  10. Brksanman

Brksanman .22LR

Thank you, much appreciated

11. Brksanman

Brksanman .22LR

Thank you

12. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

My new scope mount came from Kwik-site yesterday. This is similar to the one I'm running now from the Thompson Contender, but as you can see it is almost half an inch lower and over twice as long. . 20160523_235423.jpg
    This is intended to cantilever back over the action of a muzzle loading black powder gun. Here's the part number.

20160523_235143.jpg
    The design is slightly different & considerably lower which is a terrific thing. I will still be able to see the plastic iron sights and at the same time use the Leupold rifle scope.

20160523_235346.jpg

I got the first one on a local close out sale for $25. The new one came direct from kwiksite and cost me over $70 with shipping.

I'll have to drill for holes in it to match the top of the 464 receiver and then carted off to the correct length.

I will also have to grind a relief for shell ejection clearance next to the ejection port.

The difference in the side profiles was also very evident but this is going to fit my scope on the rifle just fine.

Here's a good picture.
    20160524_075654.jpg
    You can see how high the current scope mount is from the barrel. It's going to wind up really close when I'm done.
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well I was woefully mistaken. What looks like a half inch difference in my crazy photograph only measures out to be about 1/8" difference.

Even that bit, however, is very welcome.
  14. hombre243

hombre243 .223

Cadd, I got the same Simmons scope on my rifle. I will be switching it over to the MMR. I will either get another scope or one of those Skinner Peeps. I am wondering if the Simmons is not as tough as the ads say.
  15. hombre243

hombre243 .223

Sorry, I replied to this when I could not find my original post but I see I already posted...duh!