• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Troubleshooting

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your mossberg 464 lever action; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Yes one gripe. Trigger stop for lever. the lever does not press it in far enough. causes alot of resistance pulling trigger. Thinking about welding a bead on that part of the lever just to press that button a bit farther in.

Have you contacted Mossberg about this issue yet? Please keep us updated and let us know if you find a fix to your problem.

Thanks
Dan

464 Accuracy Problem

I've been using H4895 powder with a Hornady 170 Gr. FP bullet. I've used from 30 grains of H4895 up to 31. I replaced the rear sight with a Marble Bullseye sight which is much easier for me to use. I am having a problem getting consistent 100 yard groups and was wondering if any of you have experienced the same problem. Groups at 25 yards are excellent.
Bill

Re: 464 Accuracy Problem

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum ko4nrbs !!

As far as your groups, if you would post a few targets, maybe we could help.

I didn't keep the targets. I will in the future. Going to try 30.5gr. loads and see how it goes. The problem is inconsistent grouping. In some cases looks like flyers instead of a group.
Bill

Have you tried some factory 30-30 rounds and if so do you get the same results?

I think my problem is the barrel and magazine tube contact the forearm when the rifle heats up. I'm going to take it off and free float the barrel and magazine tube and see how that works out.
Bill

Did you ever get to try some factory rounds? Either way keep us updated on your Mossberg 464.

Haven't tried factory ammo yet. I am going to switch from H4895 powder to IMR3031 and see if that helps. Il'' stick with the Hornady 170 Grain FP InterLock since it did such a good job on the deer I shot.
Bill

464 brush gun loading problems

I bought a new in box 464 brush gun. I am having trouble loading rounds into the chamber. It seems that once I insert the first bullet, that bullet returns back and I push down the cover to insert another round. has anyone experienced this? I went to a gunshop and they had a 464 and experienced the same problem...

Re: 464 brush gun loading problems

At times my 464 brush gun is a little finicky too.
If I do not push the round up into the tube.
I then have a round or two and it seams like the round moves back and it blocks the gate from opening...
I then need to push on the loading gate and with the nose of a round push the last round forward more... Then it's easy....
So the point I have to make is: that I load the round and make sure I push it up into the magazine.

Lateck

I've used the Hornady LEVERevolution quite a bit and really like the accuracy. I'm in the north woods so I'm zeroed at 75yds with this rifle, so I won't bother attesting to MOA. However, with this hornady ammo I've had a couple feeding problems (I'm sure it's spitzer tip related)... so I recently re-zeroed with the Winchester 150gr .. I know the rifle is nicely accurate, so I'm comfortable with retuning to this ol' reliable ammo combo and keeping the rifle handy for whatever critters invade the farm or my annual rifle season deer foray on the mountain top

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum goredsox !!

Thanks for the welcome! I also forgot to add that my 464 is mounted with a 1.5-4.5 bushnell banner scope.
a nice light scope for helping me find the fur through the brambles.

I ended up returning the rifle to mossberg to repair the loading problem. Also, the screw/bolt holding front band broke off...

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum publius69 !!

Glad to hear the problem will be solved by Mossberg...

publius69 said:
I bought a new in box 464 brush gun. I am having trouble loading rounds into the chamber. It seems that once I insert the first bullet, that bullet returns back and I push down the cover to insert another round. has anyone experienced this? I went to a gunshop and they had a 464 and experienced the same problem...

mossberg received the rifle on december 17th and promised to have it back to me in 7-10 days. I called today and was told it would be at least another 2 weeks! needless to say i GOT QUITE UPSET. Then I was told I would get a call from some manager...I am still waiting.

The saga continues...what a joke.

Back