1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Mossberg 464 Lever Action' started by DHonovich, Sep 3, 2010.

1. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I did not feel like this spring in my 464 was too tight. As a matter of fact I was amazed at how light I thought it was the first time I stripped the gun down to clean it.
  2. diddums

diddums Copper BB

Hi,

I'm a new member but I joined this forum to get some help with my newly aquired 30-30 464.
    Unfortunately I was experiencing a lot of issues that other 464 owners are well aware of, such as the feeding issue and now a little bit of the tube mag jamming.

But good news for myself and other owners that have been dealing with the feeding issues. I was able to pin point where the cartridge was getting stuck in the action.

I have pointed out in the picture of my action where I noticed that the cartridge was getting stuck.
    When the bolt is closing and trying to slide the case up that little ramp, the angle of the ramp and sharpness of the ridges cause the case to push into that part of the action and get stuck.
    (If you know what I mean)

What I did was i used a file to take the sharp edge off and round it at the top a bit so that it was like a little ramp for the base of the case.

It's still not 100% yet but it's about 95% better.
    Before I did anything a case would get jammed every 2nd or 3rd cycle of the lever, afterwards I was able to cycle through 5 full magazines without a single jam. I did get a couple of small hang ups with my reloaded ammo but nothing like I was before.

I can try and take some better pictures if people are interested.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    meanstreak, CaddmannQ and sullivan like this.
  3. diddums

diddums Copper BB

I think that is from where I have pointed out in my post, I had the same marks on some of my cases and I noticed that the cases were digging into the edges on those little ramp pieces.
    Might be worth a look when you cycle it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk