• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464

eganfan

.22LR
I took my brand new 464 to the range for the first time, today. I ran some 150 gr Win. and some 170 gr Win. through it and it liked the heavier bullets much more. The 170s with stock iron sights and a makeshift rest (I forgot my sandbags at home) gave me 3" high 4" groups at 100 yards after sighting in. The 150s were all over the place. Not as good as you read in the magazines, but it will fill the freezer!

The rear sights have to go, though. Not that they don't give a decent sight picture, it's just that the little blade and set-screw configuration is a little too fidgety (read, impossible) for quick adjustments in the field. I'm sure I could cut my groups in half with a decent scope and reloads from my newly fire-formed cases. Yeah, I'm digging my 464!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners! Glad to have you as part of our growing community. Thanks for the review of the mossberg 464 lever action as I am sure others will enjoy to hear your positive feedback on it. (I copied the post over into the mossberg 464 lever action reviews section for you) Keep us updated on what scope you end up getting for it. If you get a chance we would love to see some pictures posted of your new mossberg 464 lever action.

Welcome! Thanks for posting up the review of the mossberg 464 lever action. It is one of the mossbergs I have have been contemplating picking up when I free up some funds.

Back