• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 479RR production numbers

Mgderf

Copper BB
Can someone give me reliable information about the production numbers for the Roy Rogers signature edition model 479RR .30-30 lever action rifle?
I have read that production stopped in 1983, but I've not been able to discern when production began.
I've also read that initially Mossberg would produce 5000 of this model, but halted production due to issues with the bluing and etching the signatures?
That sounds a little odd.

I ran across one one with a serial number less than 100 and it looks to have never been fired.
I have no box or paper work, but I'd still like to know what it's worth.

I've been told it holds almost zero collectors value minus the box and manual.
I'd hate to shoot it if it could be worth something, but I'd also hate to sit on something ad not shoot it if it has no special value.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks in advance.

First out,,,,,welcome to the forum from NY.

I would contact Havlin (636) 937-6401 they are the pros when it comes to old Mossbergs.

Thank you sir, for the welcome and the advice.
I've known about Havlin Sales for years. I've used them to procure parts for my old Mossy's, but I would not have thought to contact them with questions.
I'll give that a try.

I have one in the box with manual, unfired, lever has been tied down so never has it been levered. does this have any colllector value? I think these are on the C&R list now.

Back