• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Newer Speedfeed Stocks For Mossberg 500

lol that worked out strangely well! I wouldn't think that Krylon would work on clothing as it would chip. But on the same note, I guess the fabric (in this case the nylon) would absorb the paint.

I'll have to try and see if anyone has white kryloned anything. Probably a good place to start would be Kahki or Coyote Tan, both lighters colors and would require less coats.

Hey les.....I got a question about the 2 forgrips.

Which one is more comfortable?

They're both comfy but with my wrist issues, the short vert. wins out when shooting for a longer period of time. It allows the wrist to remain straight and transfers the forward weight of the shotgun to my elbow. With the AFG, there is still a slight break to the wrist and I start to feel it after a while...

Aha....I like the fact that the AFG doesn't look like it will get caught on something. (clothing)
Also since I don't shoot nearly enough as I should, I think I need to check them out...I'm looking to put one on my 835....since that's my dedicated turkey gun, I'm lookin for more comfort.

thanx man...

No problem Sir.

My only suggestion would be to go with the standard AFG over the AFG2. I tried the newer model AFG2 first and because of the shorter overall length the front hand stop would smack my knuckle with every shot. The ergos on the original AFG are a bit different and better suited for heavy recoil in my opinion...

Knoxx SpecOps Stock w/ Mossberg 500 is at a poor level

Knoxx SpecOps Stock w/ Mossberg 500 is at a poor level and just plain not comfortable to trap shoot with. It is so high that when you put on a 28" barrel you can barely see down the rib. Even with the 18.5" barrel now I see it's not a direct eye line. Gerrrrr!

Re: Knoxx SpecOps Stock w/ Mossberg 500 is at a poor level

Maybe you could sell it. Then get a compstock. It looks just like a normal black synthetic stock, yet it has a recoil reducing system.
Is yours the gen 1 or 2?

If you want to sell it on this forum you need to have a certain amount of posts. Just givin ya heads up about that.

For trap, skeet or any kind of wing shooting you would probably be better seved with a traditional style stock.

I don't mind pistol grips for some situations but ergonomically I find them hard to use for most applications, esp with the location of the Mossberg safety. I put one on my turkey gun and I like it, esp with the recopil reducing design but I don't have them on any of my other guns.

Here's the page for Blackhawks compstock....
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/compst ... 55,165.htm

They have it for the 500....it's worth a look. $119 isn't bad either. If you don't sell your spec ops you can always put it on another gun, or if you don't have one....this gives you an excuse to get another!

ripjack13 said:
Maybe you could sell it. Then get a compstock. It looks just like a normal black synthetic stock, yet it has a recoil reducing system.
Is yours the gen 1 or 2?

If you want to sell it on this forum you need to have a certain amount of posts. Just givin ya heads up about that.

Not sure about Knoxx Spec-Ops Gen 1 or Gen 2. I might just keep it with the shorter 18.5" barrel. Just kind of sad it's made so off cantor. :eek:

My Choate Stock for the Mossy 5500 is outstanding. :D

The one on ebay is a buy it now price. They have quite a few available. So you wont have to bid on it....

If they made the compstock with a 13" LOP I would be all over it, but sadly they don't. I tried the specops stock but the line of sight was not good for me, even called blackhawk about it. They claim they never heard a complaint about it? So i'm back to a traditional wood stock with a 13" LOP and a limbsaver recoil pad. I wasted a lot of money only to find out that the factory stock setup works best.

Back