• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Mossberg 500 Aftermarket Stock (Buttstock) OPTIONS CHOIC

I have that forearm as well as the SpeedFeed forearm and they are nearly identical minus the strap.

oli700 said:
I'm not Santa but here is a cheaper alternative
http://cgi.ebay.com/FACTORY-MOSSBERG-TA ... 1e63b9d7a9

After viewing the post, and seeing the price for shipping, it might be easier to get a 1/2" strap of cordura and try to find the screws & washers at Ace hardware. But thanks for the info, because now I know what they (the straps) are called and can make a more informed decision. :lol:

sounds good, I was shooting for cheaper than a forearm but do your thing, post some pics when your done

Purchased the Hogue 12" LOP stock to make the 500 more user friendly to my son and create a tighter package for home defense. Very nice fit and finish. I found that the LOP was much too short for me for shooting clays. Cheekweld was difficult, and I was face slapped pretty good a couple times by my thumb during recoil. It is perfect, however, for my 12 year old son, who busted clays with it with a vengeance. He coudn't stop talking about how well it fit him. A very nice product for the right user.

Stock options for 500E Home Security in .410???

Hello -

I have not been able to find any stock options for my 500E Home Security in .410. I am specifically looking for a folding stock in order to save space for storage and transport purposes. I see that Mossberg has a pistol grip available for this model, however I am not really a fan of pistol grip only setups as I greatly prefer the stock for ease of use and aiming/siting. I have the ATI 6 position stock on a couple other 12 gauges, but I e-mailed ATI and they said they do no have one that will fit on the .410 500.

Does anyone know of any folding stocks available for this model??? Also, any info on other accessories that will work for this model would be greatly appreciated! Has anyone successfully modified a stock designed for a 12 ga. 500 to fit on the .410 500??

Thanks, all!

Re: Stock options for 500E Home Security in .410???

Folding stocks? Nope. Dont know of any.

I'm told the Hogue OM short LOP will fit the 500 .410. I'll have to find that email, but if you get a chance, call Hogue, ask for Zia, tell her Brad said HI!

The # is (805) 239-1440

These are traditional stocks however, though shorter in over all length.

Any other accessories? My daughters .410 is a 24" VR barrel and she LOVES the TruGlo fiber optic 3 dot sights, its the new Turkey dual color model! Really nice!

+1 on the Hogue stocks!

I haven't come across that one yet in my searches but let me see what I can find...

Yeah, I have never seen one for sale like that, but obviously somebody makes them! Or, they modified a 12 ga. stock to fit (but it really doesn't look like it in this case.)

Thanks for the assistance! If I happen to find one, I will be sure to post here so others looking for a similar setup can find one too!

ID this Pistol Grip?

Hello All,

I'm puzzled becx my new 500 cruiser 12 gauge has a pistol grip that has no manufacturer mark... it came with a FAB forearm so I thought it may not have been standard mossy??? Here's images -

Thanks

Attachments

• 2011-06-11_09-00-12_828-tile.jpg
    2011-06-11_09-00-12_828-tile.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,151
Re: ID this Pistol Grip?

I will have to do some searching on this for you.

Right on gang... definitely looks like it is the factory PG.

Thanks

Sorry I'm late, but this is the EXACT factory grip that came on my 590 Cruiser...

Hogue Tamer Pistol Grip And Forend For Mossberg 500/590

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBsUE_01gs[/youtube]

p747903723-4.jpg

p608378508-4.jpg

p596797572-4.jpg

p825341398-4.jpg

p755515823-4.jpg

p908675005-4.jpg

First Impressions: As soon as you open the package you can see the quality and craftsmanship that Hogue is known for! The texture and feel of the Hogue Tamer pistol grip is second to none.

Installation: All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and an allen key.

Use: Holding the Hogue Tamer pistol grip just feels right :twisted: . There is no other way to describe it. The attention to detail really shows when looking at features such as how the grip is contoured down to the trigger. When you pick up the shotgun your index finger just naturally moves right to the trigger. This is something you don't see in a lot of other pistol grips on the market. One thing to note is that there is no recoil reduction system with the Hogue Tamer pistol grip like some of the other options available but lets face it most people that install a pistol grip on a shotgun are not shooting hundreds of rounds at the range each weekend. When I shot a fair number of birdshot and slugs one afternoon and I definitely felt it in my wrist afterwards. So you have to decide what your goals are when choosing a pistol grip for your Mossberg; if you want an extremely ergonomic grip that follows KISS (keep it stupid simple) then look no further but if you want a pistol grip that you and your buddies can go shoot a couple hundred rounds on the weekend with you might be better off with a ATI tactical talon or BlackHawk breachers grip. Please note that you can certainly throw lead down range all weekend long with the Hogue Tamer pistol grip but your wrists might get a little upset.

Re: Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHO

List updated

Re: Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHO

Be sure to post up a review when you get time!

Back