• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHO

its in Hodgkin, IL and should be here Thursday.
Sounds like it would be good reason to go to the range this weekend.
Altho, the gun is gonna look funny till I figure out what Im gonna do with it...

Whats been the best stock you've had so far?

My stock arrived.
100_2541.jpg

Nothing about it was surprising. other than one thing.
100_2542.jpg

100_2543.jpg

No, the surprise wasn't that the forearms were the same length or that my action bar tube is an inch short. The surprise was just how tight the knoxx forearm is on that tube. I pushed it on to verify that it was too short and I can't pull the dern thing off... Obviously, I wouldn't run home defense like that, but for a trip to the range. I will see how tight it really is.
100_2546.jpg
otherwise, it doesn't look bad 1/2 painted.

Looking good! Let us know what you think of the BlackHawk Knoxx stock once you put some lead down range with it. Be sure to post it up in the review thread for BlackHawk Knoxx stock too!

well, I like the stock. the forearm, I like the mossberg factory forearm.
Actually. I like the feel of the knoxx forearm, but it doesn't come back as far as I like.
So now the problem. Do I paint or remove paint? I think Im gonna paint it.

and now my cordage sling is too short... I need another 6 to 8 inches.

100_2550.jpg

how about a non-bedroom shot.
I repainted the factory forearm and the knoxx stock. then promptly scratched the paint.

That came out great!

thanks guys. I think I need to add some more khaki to the barrel. there's a lot of brown there.

Newbie here looking for stock/pistol grip advise

Hi guys. 1st post. I got a 8 shooter pistol grip moosberg 500. i love it. This is mmy 1st shootgun aand I got it for HD and range shooting. I'm debating in getting a full stock because I like to have the pistol grip option. I was looking at different pistol grip and stock that can help reduce recoil. I'm going for ATI scorpion pistol grip or ATI side folding pistol grip/stock combo. I just can't make my mind up. Anyone have these items and can give me some feedback? Thanks.

Re: Newbie here looking for stock/pistol grip advise

You can find info specific to each in the product review section! ;)

The nice thing with the ATI stock is you can have both!! When you install the pistol grip stock there is an adapter plate you install. Then switching from pistol grip to pistol grip stock is just a matter of removing one screw and sliding the other stock on. It can be done in under 1 minute.

you will read alot of negative on ATI products.
I do not own any of their products so I cant say for first hand experience.
I can so that so far the Knoxx recoil reducing stock I have on my Maverick is quite nice and effective.

I would like to reduce as much recoil as possible too.

Have you thought about a Mesa Tactical buttstock adapter, magpul moe buttstock and ergo overmold suregrip?

That should do it.

Fronty Owner said:
I can so that so far the Knoxx recoil reducing stock I have on my Maverick is quite nice and effective.
A lot of what I've read had to do with the first generation of their products. They've since changed their padding on the stock and pistol grip to address that. No issues with mine at all.

John A. said:
I would like to reduce as much recoil as possible too.

Have you thought about a Mesa Tactical buttstock adapter, magpul moe buttstock and ergo overmold suregrip?

That should do it.

Yeah, for peanuts too!

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Fronty Owner said:
A lot of what I've read had to do with the first generation of their products. They've since changed their padding on the stock and pistol grip to address that. No issues with mine at all.
alot of what Ive read is on the folders getting loose or pins breaking. Also read a few reviews of the collapsible stock collapsing when shot. again, that just hear-say...

I don't have the folder, so I can't attest to that. Next time I get out to shoot I'll burn through as many shells as safely possible and see if it collapses during firing. I know a lot of people watched a review on YouTube of some guy that had a busted one and took his review as sacred testimony. Defects do happen. Between just getting a bad piece or FedEx/UPS man handling stuff during shipping, you're going to hear of even the most quality of products getting a bad one through. Even better yet I've read a few that the person are claiming they know someone that had issues instead of first hand experience. Like any thing else you gotta take what you read, even my humble posts, with a grain of salt because only your experience is going to dictate how it works for you. I'm just giving the guy that option because he said he likes both concepts and ATI gives you the option to quickly switch between the two.

I have been absolutely abusing my ATI products for several months now without a single hiccup other than my Mossberg 500 showing some nice battle wounds. I recently installed the ATI side folder option so I can't really speak of that one just yet. There are a ton of stocks available for the Mossberg 500 and its very hard to pick one; I have about 19 stocks sitting at my house and I still don't know which one I like best. Take some time to look through some of the reviews posted on this site and please let me know if you have any questions.

As a side note we have been fortunate enough as a forum to have ATI backing their products here. I think that truly shows their confidence in their product. I will say that first generation ATi products were lacking in many regards but that is not the case with the second generation ones.

The ATI collapsing AR15 stock that I have is about 6 years old.

It has been used a lot

Hunting, bumps in the night, hiking, and with full power loads of all kinds

No breakages, and has never collapsed on me inadvertantly.

Back