• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Barrel for old Maverick 88?

Den96941

Copper BB
I have an old 6 shot, 12 ga Maverick 88 with one slide bar and 28" barrel. I am looking to purchase a new 6 shot, 12 ga Mossberg 500 combo which comes with both a 28" and a 18.5" barrel.

I would like to use the new Mossy 500 for hunting and shooting traps while keeping the Maverick at home for HD.

Does anyone know if I can use the 18.5" barrel on my Maverick 88 even though the New Mossberg 500 has two slide bars while my Maverick only has one slide bar?

I have searched on-line and has not been able to find a definitive answer. Thank you in advance for any help.
?

LES nailed it, I'm not aware of any differences in the barrel with regard to the slide bar configuration.

No differences at all. I have a Mossberg 500 18.5" barrel on my Mav88. The only non interchangeable parts are the trigger assemblies and the forends.

No differences at all. I have a Mossberg 500 18.5" barrel on my Mav88. The only non interchangeable parts are the trigger assemblies and the forends.

Does you Maverick have one or two slide bar? I spoke to a local gunsmith and he told me they won't fit because my older model Maverick has a single slide bar and the Mossberg has dual.

The barrel should be the same design whether you have one or two slide bars.

Back