• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Laser/Light options for JIC II

Tim4k5 is dead nutz on.

That JIC is gonna have some significant recoil, which transfers to slamming around the light you install.

If it were me, I would add an inexpensive picatinney rail clamp (like in the link you were given) and pony up $100 for a Streamlight TLR-3. Or $120 on a TLR-1. They are the "Best Bang" for "the lowest cost" on a serious dedicated weapon light.

Because if the light you purchase is built for simple handheld use but is instead on a heavy-recoiling shotgun it will crap out on you. A light that has fully potted components and battery springs worth a damn simply ups the odds 100-fold that it won't let you down.

Here is about the best deal you can get for a good quality LED light and laser with a quick detach. Still will need a rail to mount it on, but I would suggest Mossberg's tri-rail handguard.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Tactical-...6356131&sr=8-6&keywords=utg+light+laser+combo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-FAB...109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec496a705

Here is my UTG mounted on my Chainsaw.

8200578403_b424e4fcb9_c.jpg

Shotgun 500 Bayonet mount

The model 590 has a mount for a bayonet , the 500 does not . Does any one know where I can order a mounting clamp for a MP 9 bayonet ? Or any other type bayonet that will work with mount . Thank You :?:

Re: Fab defense AGM install

Okay, well is the stock the correct stock for the model of gun?
I have received the incorrect stock two times now from different distributors.

You may also want to think about stopping by your local hardware store and purchasing a bolt from there that may fit the stock. That was a quick $1.36 fix for me when I sold my OF Mossberg stock and left the bolt in it by accident lol

EDIT: Is there any possibility that you can supply a picture or two??

I agree on buying quality goods for durabilty. I've alway gone by the "Best you can afford" train of thought. Sadly, most the time these days my train is on another track.

So when I started looking for a light for my 500 my thoughts turned to a light I've been using for a couple years. I actually found these flash lights in a bargin bin at a grocery store. They sold for about $35.00 each but they were priced down to $9.00 to clear them out. Aluminum body with a High output LED. Runs on 3 AAA batteries. Rubber molded grip and push on'off switch on the side. Only 90 lumens I think but damned bright and it's pretty focused at even 50 to 75 feet. I was impressed with the light so I went back and bought what was left in the bin.

I've carried one in the saddle bag of my bike for 45,000 miles. It's been fishing, camping and roadside repairs dozens of time. Even ended up on the bottom of a pool once for a couple of hours. The light was on and I didn't find it until it got dark. That light has never failed me.

So seems like a logical choice right?

So I pulled to rubber grip off and measured the body. Just about 30mm across. Picked up a 30mm rail mount scope ring and trimmed the grip to fit around it. Gave the nice shiny silver body a dose of black primer and a few coats of spray Plastic-Dip. Looks it belongs there now.

I only had a top rail at that time so I mounted it up and took it along last time I went out. I ran about 100 rounds through the 500 and the light never blinked. Tougher than I figured it would be.

Since then I got my new forend with rails and the light is now in the right place. Top rail shadowing sucks!

So for about $25.00 I have a pretty decent and I hope realiable light on the 500. I'm tinkering now with another of same lights to remove the switch and wire in a pressure pad for the forend. I'll pot the wiring in with epoxy to keep that intact.

Yeah, I'm frugal, tight, cheap..... whatever you want to call it. But if it works, I'm all for it.

Mike

Attachments

• LED light mount rs 01.jpg
    LED light mount rs 01.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 735
Re: Raptor Pistol Grip

Toys-N-Joys said:
hickcock45 is a beast

Amen Brother!! :D

As for the Birds head and the 14" barrel.. That is playing in some hot water... like surface of the sun hot! Wouldn't catch me fooling around with that! :?

I will try to get pics in a few. The stock says it fits mossberg 500 but I don't see how. Unless I'm really screwing up install.

Thanks for trying, I will see of I can get pics

I've narrowed it down to a couple of options I think ...

1 - Get the Laserlyte Tri-Rail http://www.amazon.com/Laserlyte-Shotgun-Rail-Mount-Exte/dp/B0041FPG40/ and either the Streamlight 69110 TLR-1 http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69110-Mounted-Weapon-Flashlight/dp/B000JWD16E/ or the Streamlight 69240 TLR-4 http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69240-Compact-Mounted-Tactical/dp/B0077RHYWQ/

2 - Get the Elzetta ZSM http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm and use the Surefire G2 I already have.

What do you think? I'm leaning toward #1 because the tac rail could be useful for other things as well.
With the TRL-1 and TRL-4 so close in price I'm still a little conflicted there.

Thanks for all the help!
Daf

^ Thor's on the money with that one.

As long as the overall length of the firearm is greater than 26" it is not classified as an AOW and thereby not an NFA regulated firearm. The key here is that the firearm has to have been manufactured as a PGO shotgun and the 14" barrel cannot be installed (or even in your posession) before the bird's head style grip, otherwise you've manufactured an AOW. It's another one of those little technicalities like the AR "pistol.

On this one however, I could see a lot of confusion and possible confiscation followed by time spent in court proving that it is in fact legal to own...

Well, Yes, I understand all that but it is the...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
...On this one however, I could see a lot of confusion and possible confiscation followed by time spent in court proving that it is in fact legal to own...

That I don't want to mess around with lol... Where are you going to get a 14" barrel at too though?

Once we get some pictures we might be able to jimmy-rig something together and get it working. A lot of intellectual fellers around here and they are usually really creative! :D

I ordered one from Mossberg about five weeks ago.

They don't ask questions. It will sit in the safe at my LGS until my form one clears and my tax stamp comes back...

hahaha well you guys have a little Seniority on me and some more Wisdom.. let's got with that :p

Mossberg 500 with L3 Insight Light

New-Be swatl789
I purchased a Mossberg 500 20 inch barrel with a L3 Insight light. The light is supposed to have three functions; ON while pressing forearm, steady ON without pressing forearm and strobe ON without holding forearm. There were no light instructions with the shotgun. Can anyone help?

Back