• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: weaver no gunsmithing shotgun mount

Mossy, not sure I can help any other way but here are pics of my weaver no gunsmithing weaver mount. I don't know what a rear sear is or the difference between weaver and picattiny, but I hope it helps you out.

Attachments

• IMG_20130110_232948-1.jpg
    IMG_20130110_232948-1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20130110_233115-1.jpg
    IMG_20130110_233115-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20130110_233139-1.jpg
    IMG_20130110_233139-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 544
Re: Flexx 500 Adjustable Stock - anywhere?

When looking at a Mossberg 500, make sure that you have the "unpinned" forend and that the forend is on a slide assembly. That saves you about $40 or more in the aftermarket accessories deal. Anything you like about the FLEX can, as said before, certainly be had in the aftermarket world. Anyone here can help you find it, just ask! :D

Re: weaver no gunsmithing shotgun mount

I had a similar mount (B-Square) on my 870 and it would cut my hand up after several shots. The recoil would force the back end ofthe sadke into my hand. If you are using a pistol grip stock I think you would be OK. I know others that use it with no problems.

As far as attaching sights I would check to make sure it will fit as expected.

410 barrel for mossberg 500

do anyone know where i can find a barrell for my 500 pump in .410 gauge?? thanks

Re: 410 barrel for mossberg 500

welcome from NY. what model 500E do you have now,and what .410 barrel are you looking for?

Re: 410 barrel for mossberg 500

If you are looking for a .410 security barrel (18.5 inch cylinder choke) it fits models 50104 (wood stocked field model) and 50455 (.410 version of the Cruiser)
Both models have a magazine tube 6 round total capacity.

...was in BassPro today and saw a couple of their Mossberg receiver saddle mounts. There was one from Millet that was clearanced for $25 and this one from B-Square...

B-Square Shotgun Scope Mounts

Can't find the Millet one on their web-site, but you might check it out if you have a store nearby...

looking for tactical flashlight please help

I'm looking for a flashlight with strobe function and also a green laser on it. If anyone has one that they like or knows of a good one please help me out. And also is it possibke to put a bayonet on a 500 where woulkd I find one

Re: looking for tactical flashlight please help

wolverines79 said:
I'm looking for a flashlight with strobe function and also a green laser on it. If anyone has one that they like or knows of a good one please help me out. And also is it possibke to put a bayonet on a 500 where woulkd I find one

For flashlights I would suggest the Elzetta's or 4sevens lights. Neither have a laser, but both lights are excellent, well built and good quality. There's also a thread on lights HERE. As for the bayonet, unless you have a 590 or 590A1, mounting a bayonet would be difficult (althoug I have seen picitiny rail mounted ones). The 500's do not have a bayonet lug for mounting.

500 with Breacher Barrel and Aimpro Heatshield

So since the heat shield finally showed up today I couldn't hold off till tomorrow.
The directions it came with are exactly like Ripsnortr posted when he did his, pretty straight forward.
It is a real pain to get the front end bolted together though.
A little disappointed to be quite honest, the rear tabs aren't quite as snug as I would have expected, probably could have bent a little if I would have realized before front bracket was over the barrel.
The spacer included is now just a piece that goes between the front bracket tabs, the old ones had it so it could be cut and snugged against the front lug, Its probably a good 1" away from the lug, only some shooting will tell if its gonna slide forward. Before I put the Breacher on my previous barrel wore a 20+ year old TacStar Heat shield, rear tabs were snug and overall length put the front tabs right at the lug, never moved an inch cause it couldn't.
Here's the pic. Had a little problem with the pic.

Attachments

• 500 Breacher with Heat Shield.jpeg
    500 Breacher with Heat Shield.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 398
Re: 500 with Breacher Barrel and Aimpro Heatshield

batjac said:
So since the heat shield finally showed up today I couldn't hold off till tomorrow.
The directions it came with are exactly like Ripsnortr posted when he did his, pretty straight forward.
It is a real pain to get the front end bolted together though.
A little disappointed to be quite honest, the rear tabs aren't quite as snug as I would have expected, probably could have bent a little if I would have realized before front bracket was over the barrel.
The spacer included is now just a piece that goes between the front bracket tabs, the old ones had it so it could be cut and snugged against the front lug, Its probably a good 1" away from the lug, only some shooting will tell if its gonna slide forward. Before I put the Breacher on my previous barrel wore a 20+ year old TacStar Heat shield, rear tabs were snug and overall length put the front tabs right at the lug, never moved an inch cause it couldn't.
Here's the pic. Had a little problem with the pic.

shotgun looks great!

i can't believe how neat the bench is. OCD :lol:
(just kidding) looks great.

Thanks Old Mossy, appreciate the rep point as well. Funny thing is its usually better than that!

old mossy said:
i can't believe how neat the bench is. OCD :lol:
(just kidding) looks great.

^^^ my work bench is an embarrassing mess! It happens to me all the time that I loose stuff I just had in my hands, and I'm still in my 20's :D . Great looking heat shield batjac, can't wait for mine... I won't hold my breath though.

Back