• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Itsricmo

.30-06
Safe to shoot slugs out of Aimpro Tactical Barrels?

I was reading a few posts discussing the fact that:

You cannot 100% safely shoot slugs out of a Mossberg 835 (non-slug) barrel, due to the over bored diameter of the barrel.

I am not completely sure as to what the finished diameter is after Aimpro does their "Internal Barrel Work", but I am curious as too whether or not it is 100% SAFE to fire slugs from a barrel that has had this treatment done to it??

If not, I will just be getting threading and porting done when I can.

Re: Safe to shoot slugs out of Aimpro Tactical Barrels?

Yeah man, you absolutely can fire slugs from the AIMPRO barrels!

Awesome! I would have hated to get some work done and turn out that I could no longer shoot any slugs. That would destroy me haha :D

I can understand that. You'll be good to go and can fire slugs with chokes too!

Well I cannot get ahold of Aimpro. 3 Emails and nothing. My only thing is, I would like to keep the price in the same area of $70... For the threading that is.. I haven't made enough funds for the whole job yet.

If I can at least get the threading done soon, I'd be happy. Any leads too machinists or smiths who can thread a barrel are appreciated :)

Briley and Americhoke (R&D) can do threading. R&D can do magna porting as well.

No idea man.

As a courtesy, may I suggest we continue this conversation outside of one of our supporting vendor's own threads?

I've started a new thread in the 500 section here...

Barrel Threading?

Ohh That is a great Idea! I sent Aimpro another Email just for the record! :p I am trying to give them the work to be done.. just a little hard to get a hold of them :D

28 inch barrel for 8 shot 500 flex

Can't find any barrel to swap out the 20 inch that came on the 8 shot tactical flex 500. This is my first Mossberg shotgun, really liked the idea of tactical and hunting with same gun.

Re: 28 inch barrel for 8 shot 500 flex

The eight shot has a longer magazine tube than a std 500. You will need to replace that as well to get a field barrel that will fit

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

MikeD said:
The eight shot has a longer magazine tube than a std 500. You will need to replace that as well to get a field barrel that will fit

^ This.

Once you swap out to the shorter mag tube, you'll have far more options...

Welcome to the forums, Loser91!

As said, you will be in need of a 5 shot mag tube. My mag tube may be on the market here shortly. Once you get 4 posts total shoot me a Private Message (PM) and maybe we can work something out for you, if you are interested in going that route for the field barrel.

Back