• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Sawed off / chopped barrel for 500's

Hi ya'll. Thanks for the kind words on my project gun and photos. Since then I've added an ATI top folding stock and shell saddle, plus a 200 lumen light hanging off the barrel on an ATI clamp. The chopped vent rib, smooth bore barrel grouped about 18" handheld at 50yards with 10 non-sabot slugs. (don't remember the type). Didn't get to shoot buckshot on that range but I'm sure it would do admirable at defense range distance.

Ahhh,Before and after

Before....a $125 beat on and not well loved Revelation 310/Mossberg 500AB Fudd Gun.
After.....A $125 beat on and not previously loved but now enjoyed Revelation 310/Mossberg 500AB Zombie De-Animating machine!!!!Measures exactly 19" in barrel length now per offical BATFE measuring technique off the face of the closed bolt to the muzzle end.

Attachments

• shotty3.jpg
    shotty3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 531
Re: Ahhh,Before and after

Very nice. I'm sure it will serve you well for years to come.

Now, we need to see the after for the avatar picture.

Not to shabby for a $125 Zombie gun...I wish I came across deals like that in my area. Did you get to shoot it yet?

Not yet.I want to get out monday and do some shooting.Also want to make a video for youtube telling the gun grabbers good luck. :cool:

Re: Sawed off / chopped barrel for 500's

Rossignol said:
You guys are far braver than I.

Yeah roger that! Do you measure from the front of the chamber, the rear or from the rear of the barrel extension that goes into the receiver? :? haha

Either way, great job and it looks good! You may want to consider replacing the Electrical tape with a light mount that attaches to the mag tube :)

Nice Job!!

Re: Building a tac 500

Got the forend rail/heat shield combo this week and spent part of last night attempting to install it. Ran into a slight issue getting the reciever pin to pop out. The destructions call for using the new pin to pop out the old one in order to keep from pulling the trigger group. Unfortunetly the new pin was just a little bit bigger diameter than the old and didn't figure this out before scratching the reciever and getting my finger smashed once or twice. I called Black Aces today figuring to just leave a message and got to talk to the owner on the phone. Told him the issue I was having and he is going to send me a new pin for the rail mounting. He said there have been a couple issues with that and was going to send me one free of charge.

Two thumbs up for Black Aces Tactical's customer service. Hopefully the new pin is all you need and the rest of the install goes smoothly.

I read your thread about your Tac 500 and was wondering if you can add the same accessories to a Moss. 505 (youth) .410? My wife has one (for home protection) and wanted to add some tactical accessories to it such as collapsible stock, pistol grip, laser/light and some other things. Is this even possible on that particular gun and if so, where could I get those items? Thanks for the help!

Rich G.

Howdy strike!

Unfortunately accessories for the .410 models are rather limited. Stock and forends for the 12ga and 20ga models are simply too big and will not fit. I honestly don't know of any adjustable stock for the .410 500/505 models. There are however clamp-on rails and such that can be used to attach lights/ lasers etc. Also, there are slip-on sleeves made for rifles that will hold extra .410 rounds on the stock. These threads might give you a couple ideas...

.410 cruiser mag tube outer diameter/light mount?

500E .410 accessories?

welcome strike from NY.
like what LES said there isn't a lot of tactical type acc.for the .410 .
however mossberg does sell a pistol grip #95010 .also 13"lop syn. stock #95025.
hope this helps.

Finally finished my 500

Build list:
-ergo rail forend
-ati pistol grip
-magpul moe stock
-surefire defender with surfire rail mount
-velcro side saddle to accept shotgun cards
-eotech xps-2
-magpul afg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357701849989.jpg