• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Build Thread...

Well certainly let us know!
You have a pretty good sized set up going there!
Should be able to pound some pretty accurate stuff

Re: 500A field model tactical conversion

Itsricmo said:
I am looking at doing the same thing with my 500! The high gloss too me takes away from its all black appearance. I'm very shy of trying new things like Duracoating and such lol...

I saw that you mentioned you want to get a magazine tube extension. With the model of 500 you have, you would need too purchase a model 590 magazine tube and than a 20" model 590 barrel that goes with the 8 round tube. Because the lug nut on the end of the barrel is fixed in position and cannot be removed to allow a higher capacity tube. I have the same dilemma.

This is also an option you may want to consider:
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/shot ... 25124.aspx

Brownells has been sold out of those for months, but I was lucky enough to actually win a bid on eBay for the same barrel/tube plus a set of ghost ring sights!

Not yet, it should be coming in next week from SC. I just moved to Texas, so I'm pretty excited about the new life! It beats the hell out of NJ lol

x51t5.jpg

Still working on it. Upset with the Phoenix Technologies forend...they didn't compensate where the barrel gets thicker towards the receiver! Switching to ATI soon...

Attachments

• 562327_10152150906108776_1099484249_n.jpg
    562327_10152150906108776_1099484249_n.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 356

FYI, the Blackhawk Knoxx SPECOPS NRS stock (K08200-C from WalMart, etc.) bolts right onto the Mossy 500E (.410 pump) with very minor modifications to the plastic stock.

Does the Phoenix Tech. forend rub on the barrel towards the chamber end??
I am curious for future reference..

Has anyone converted a 500A to a 9+1 with a 28" barrel ? I am in the process of converting mine. If so would like to know how you did yours. This conversion is totally of the top of my head and i will post pictures as i get time to upload them LMK phipp13

Last edited:
Pretty cool project. Don't forget the pics as you put this together.;)

Yes I plan to use a ported 28 inch barrel. I am going to remove the boss from the previous location with a lapidary torch. I have a lot of experience with lapidary torches silver soldering waveguides for DOD communications dishes. I will direct all of the torch heat on the boss and not the barrel. The bosses are silver soldered on the barrels.

Looking forward to seeing this project.

When I relocate the boss on the barrel. I will reattach the boss to the end of the barrel using cadmium free low temp silver solder. If the silver solder turns out to be not strong enough. I will use a TIG torch with .020 tungsten and 4340 .20 filler rod and skip weld it to the barrel.

I've been a certified aircraft welder for over 20 years. TIG,MIG,STICK,OXYFUEL precious and non precious metals. This is not my first rodeo. BUT,,,, then you have theory and reality :)

If you pull this off you may have people knocking on your door. LOL

You may have people lined up to fix their canted sights as well. ;-D

One of the things I love about forums like this is the diversity of people and skill sets. I just love the DIY stuff.

I have had many people want me to do work for them on other gun projects. I don't do work for other people too much of a hassle.

Back