• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Magazine Tubes

Re: DIY high visibility magazine follower

mine are running at 100% too.

The follower in my 590 is a sweet little custom delrin number by our very own KentuckyWindage...

KentuckyWindage said:
jttTqeOpUUIs0.jpg

It's not factory, but has been flawless since I put it in...

Kentucky... can I have one???? :D :D :D I wanna be cool like everyone else!

i just look for the brass or metal part of the shell. if i see black or no shine i know its time for more.

a highly visable one might be better for saftey so i would go with it if you think it would be better. but for me i perfer oem

I have no plans on switching anytime soon, It'll probably be one of those things I change out down the road when I run out of the other things I've got planned with her :D

20 guage plastic mag followers...

Does anyone know who might offer plastic hi-viz mag followers that fit Mossberg 20 guage shotguns? I've tried a search without results. Thanks. tom. :?:

Re: 20 guage plastic mag followers...

deputy tom said:
Does anyone know who might offer plastic hi-viz mag followers that fit Mossberg 20 guage shotguns? I've tried a search without results. Thanks. tom. :?:

hi Tom. can i ask why you want it in plastic?

Yes, back in the day it was supposed to keep the follower from binding. I've had them in all of my 12 ga 500's and 870's and would like to maintain that tradition. tom. :cool:

deputy tom said:
Yes, back in the day it was supposed to keep the follower from binding. I've had them in all of my 12 ga 500's and 870's and would like to maintain that tradition. tom. :cool:

i'll keep an eye out for you.

deputy tom said:
Thank you. tom. :cool:

try CZ-USA

CZ-USA
P.O. Box 171073
Kansas City, KS 66117-0073
Toll-free: 1-800-955-4486
Phone: (913) 321-1811

When ever i try to disassemble the magazine tube it won't screw out. im thinking its either bent or cross threaded very badly. :cry: if anyone has any suggestions or exactly know what to do please get back with me. thank you! :)

hello Pete. welcome from NY.
you say "whenever" you try to take off the mag tube. have you ever had it off?

if not,,,,,it's held in by loctite. you need to apply heat to the receiver to break up the loctite. once you have it heated put some mussel on it and twist it out. works good if you have a padded vise.
"righty tighty,,,,lefty loosy"....forgot to mention,,,,,use a heat gun.
keep us posted.

old mossy said:
hello Pete. welcome from NY.
you say "whenever" you try to take off the mag tube. have you ever had it off?

if not,,,,,it's held in by loctite. you need to apply heat to the receiver to break up the loctite. once you have it heated put some mussel on it and twist it out. works good if you have a padded vise.
"righty tighty,,,,lefty loosy"....forgot to mention,,,,,use a heat gun.
keep us posted.

No never had it off before. the screw makes a click sound every 360 rotation. it looks bent. ill try what you suggested. i don't have a heat gun though. blow dryer or something would work????

,,,,,are you talking about the screw that holds the barrel on?

Attachments

• Mossberg_Maverick_Review_27.JPG
    Mossberg_Maverick_Review_27.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 387
old mossy said:

yes. when i try to unscrew it, it goes about 1/4th of the way and starts making this click sound every 360 degrees i turn it. i have the bolt half way out, i've read the instruction manual about it. it wont budge.

PistolGripPete said:
old mossy said:

yes. when i try to unscrew it, it goes about 1/4th of the way and starts making this click sound every 360 degrees i turn it. i have the bolt half way out, i've read the instruction manual about it. it wont budge.

sounds like the threaded piece on the end of the mag tub is cross threaded.
if you can get a small flat screw driver in between the end of the mag tube and the barrel lug and pry them apart while you turn the screw out. i hope this makes sense to you.
keep us posted.

old mossy said:
PistolGripPete said:
old mossy said:

if you can get a small flat screw driver in between the end of the mag tube and the barrel lug and pry them apart while you turn the screw out. i hope this makes sense to you.
keep us posted.

I don't have a 500 and am not familiar with the assy. , but I've been following this thread out of curiosity. Sounds to me that if the problem is crossthreading, that it may require a new mag tube and take-down screw?

yes. when i try to unscrew it, it goes about 1/4th of the way and starts making this click sound every 360 degrees i turn it. i have the bolt half way out, i've read the instruction manual about it. it wont budge.[/quote]

keep us posted.[/quote]

I don't have a 500 and am not familiar with the assy. , but I've been following this thread out of curiosity. Sounds to me that if the problem is crossthreading, that it may require a new mag tube and take-down screw?[/quote]

correct Gunny. either the screw or the tube end is probably cross threaded. big problem is getting the barrel off.
if he can keep outward pressure on the two,it should come apart.

Back