• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Zombie Gun

nice gun, that could defiantly fit into the umbrella corporations arsenal of weapons. where'd you find something like that.

Re: Zombie Gun

I found it in a pawn shop. They said they just took it in on trade with some other stuff & didn't have a clue what it was. They just thought it was ugly so I made an offer and took it home. :D

Here she be! :D

Sorry about the crappy picture quality. Can't find the memory card for my camera so had to use my phone. I'll get some better ones later.

2011-06-29083920.jpg

The case has a choke tube holder on top and the main part holds 100 12 gauge rounds. The attached barrel is the smooth bore and the one below is the rifled barrel for slugs with rifle sights. Then the Glock 19 got in there as well. She's kind of a camera whore. :lol: Now just to get a day off so I can go put some rounds through this. My local range only allows slugs, so I'm gonna have to make a day to go down home (bout 45 min south of me) and shoot on some property my family owns.

Gonna pick up a sling, ati stock and forend set and a shell holder next check (seeing as how I have 24 hours of overtime just this week alone). Probably pick up a picatinny rail along with a scope once deer season gets closer. Who needs crack when you got guns and accessories!? :D

Re: Here she be! :D

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500! Look forward to seeing your Mossberg 500 evolve to better fit your needs.

Think I'm gonna go browse through Bass Pro Shop and see what kind of deals they have on 12g and 9mm ammo. My G19 is feeling a little neglected with all this attention on the new shotty. May have to pick her up a present so she doesn't get jealous and start misfiring to spite me. :lol:

Yea, I've had this dumb grin on my face since yesterday afternoon. It just sucks I got called in on my only day off this week. My company needs to stop hiring young guys that think they need to call in every weekend. Sadly, most of our accounts need little more than a warm body, so they'll continue to do it so long as they keep applying.

Well ... if you guys never hear from me after tonight it's because my wife came home and found out I just bought more gun stuff and she decided to test it out on me. :lol:

2x 25 rnd boxes of Winchester Light Target Load
1x 25 rnd box of Winchester Heavy Target Load
2x 5 rnd boxes of Winchester Rifled Slugs (Hallow Point)
2x 5 rnd boxes of Winchester Buckshot Load (9 Pellets)
1x 10 rnd box of Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense (2x4)
1x 100 rnd box of Winchester White Box 9mm
1x LimbSaver Recoil Pad

I think I better skip the accessories next check and buy her something nice. She's been eyeing the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 38 and has been wanting to take a concealed carry class so she can get her permit.

I'd be worried too, lol. Definitely buy her one! And...while you're at it, surprise her with a pedicure and when you get home from the gun range on your day off....walk in and tell her that you'll watch the kiddo because its her turn to get out of the house. :) I promise you will get Brownie points!

Congrats on the new Mossy Sn3aKY...

We're all looking forward to your range report !!

...and sounds like your woman deserves that .38... :!:

Looks real nice man, and looks like you're all set up for some good times!

Okay, here's one for you. Do the 500's come with a sling mount installed on the stock new? The stock picture on the website show it, but mine wasn't even tapped for one. They show the sling hardware installed on the mag tube cap as well, but again mine did not come with this. Although it is tapped for it already.

So I finally got to go out and shoot today! Ended up putting 6 mags of 9mm and around 45 rounds of 12 gauge down range. Let's just say, I'm glad I got the LimbSaver. Shot 5x Rifled Slugs, 5x 00 Buck, 30 Win Target Loads, and 5 Remi Home Defense rounds. Took some plastic jugs out, plus paper targets on the ReversaTarget backers (which held up surprisingly good). I did have one issue though, the mag tube nut that holds the forend on the mag tube from the front (not sure if that's the right name), came loose causing the forend to slide all the way forward. Wasn't a big deal to tighten it back down, but not having any tools on me I tightened it hand tight. It came loose after 12 more rounds so I decided to call it a day since we were going swimming anyways. I assume this isn't normal, but how do I go about tightening this nut? And how tight should it be? I see ATI sells a mag-socket wrench.

Other than that, had a great day with the family. Was to cool to put on sunblock when we went swimming, so I look like a freshly cooked lobster. My shoulder isn't to sore, but I can definitely feel those slugs still. All and all, once I get the mag tube issue fixed, I'm looking forward to going out again.

Glad to see you got to finally shoot your new Mossberg! Picking up an ATI mag socket will certainly do the job. It is really a quality piece and does exactly what it is supposed to do. I have a full review of this item under the ATI section if you wanted to get some higher resolution photos of it.

Back