• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: HeatShield/Rail System Help

Welcome aboard!

The purpose of the spacer is to prevent movement of the heat shield. If the rail butts up against the barrel lug and the spacer butts up against the rail, then you're good to go. As long as there isn't any gap and the heat shield doesn't slide forward, the purpose of the spacer does its job...

Re: New foregrip problem.

I did some research and hypothetically the extension nut should fit. The only potential problem I see is that the longer nut may be just a hair too wide to fit inside the forend. It is a cheaper alternative however and can be returned if doesn't work right.

It works with the Hogue overmolded stocks and they are replicas of the longer forend just rubber and plastic lol

Forend too long?

So I just bought a synthetic forend and when I put the piece in it doesn't reach all the way to the end. The "cap" that screws on to it doesn't even come close. Did I buy the wrong one? Or does it just go cap less?

Re: Forend too long?

EJT501,

We need a little more info. What is the length of your Action Slide tube? What forend did you get? What is its length?

Option 1,
You have a 7 5/8 action tube and are trying to put a 6 5/8 forend on.
Option 2,
You have a 6 5/8 action tube and are trying to put a 7 5/8 forend on.
Option 3,
You have the correct action slide tube length, and the correct forend, but are missing parts,
Etc.

Frank

Re: Forend too long?

So it turns out it's option 2
The action tube is 6 5/8. Where can I find an extender or a different (correct size) forend?

What's the LOP for a standard length Hogue stock?

First off, I apologize if this has been asked before but I cannot find an answer anywhere!! I know Hogue makes a 12", 13", and a standard length. What is the standard length Hogues LOP? 14 on the dot? Please help :cry:

Re: What's the LOP for a standard length Hogue stock?

It is approximately 14".

Re: Converting single action bar forend to dual bars

SGT. LB said:
I would personally leave it as is..

If there is any issue, ANY issue at all with durability, you may only intensify it by modifying it. I would certainly leave it as is! :)

Newbie Question

Howdy, Just scored a 500 marinecote pump that was a Texas Prison System gun. How do I put a sling attachment on front of gun, it has a attachment on stock.

Re: Newbie Question

Thanks!! Yes there is a hole in end of mag tube!

OOps! there is NOT a hole in end of mag cap, but is one in bottom of the piece that is attached to barrel and holds mag.

Welcome from StL MO! We love to look at gun pics and "500 marinecote pump that was a Texas Prison System gun" sounds interesting - got an image you can post??

Welcome too Mossberg Owners from Central PA!

Looks like your question got answered rather quickly~ Now here is one for you :)
What kind of condition is a used Prison Shotgun in?? :p

Back