• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

Havoc....does your ProMag sidesaddle have an aluminum back with plastic shell holders? How about a rubber gasket between the aluminum plate and receiver?

Got my Pro Mag Archangel sidesaddle today, took about 5 minutes to install on my 500 Persuader after I found the right tools. Very well made with an aluminum plate that the thick polymer shell holder attaches to. Includes a rubber gasket so aluminum mounting plate can't scratch the receiver. The tension adjusters really work well, not just a one size fits all. IMHO, this a top quality sidesaddle for the money!

IMG_0290.JPG

I have the 6 round tacstar but find it somewhat flimsy....i want the mesa tactical that gets phenomenal reviews but their site says you need a tactical foreend for it to work ??

I have the 6 round tacstar but find it somewhat flimsy....i want the mesa tactical that gets phenomenal reviews but their site says you need a tactical foreend for it to work ??
Reason being that the "hunting" style forend runs up the front of the receiver when shucked. The shell carrier would prevent a full stroke rearward.

Midway has the Mesa 6 shell carrier for a good deal right now.
Product #425741
$42.72
22 bucks off

Just installed the new mesa tactical
f11123379e11a34b55591ee8e8546653.jpg
48acaa6c8c56ba08cfa38f03ea3473c1.jpg

Here's my home made side saddle. Made from kydex. I am not using velcro as I believe they attract a lot of lint. I made them in sets of two so I can add as many as I like or as little as I want. You can also place them in any position you want too. It also doesn't block the trigger assembly take down pin either. I'm probably going to make 20 gauge in future for my buddy's 500C.

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Last edited:
Back