• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Super Bantam, 505 Youth Troubleshooting

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your mossberg 500 bantam, 505 youth, 500 super bantam; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

we have the mossberg 505 youth 20 guage and in both times we've taken it to the trap line a 2 3/4 inch shell loaded directly into the reciever got jammed nose down between the "ANTI JAM" (really?!?) elevator and the top of the reciever. needless to say i'm totally frustrated. first mossberg and birthday gift for my son and it's tied up every time he goes to the line. i've never had a jam with remington or benelli. any thoughts or advice?

I have a 500C and it will do the same if not "locked up".
i found I was being too gentle when pumping in a new shell.
When chambering a shell, don't "baby" the cycling action,
especially on the forward motion.

If this doesn't cure it-send it back to mossberg.

I've actually been able to duplicate this with my 500A and 590A1 when loading a shell directly into the chamber and not from the magazine. Sometimes its just the way the shell falls into place combined with the action being pushed forward.

Not gonna swear this is it, but maybe try loading like this then shuk the shell back out, and repeat. do it slowly and deliberately and see if it happens again, if so, try to make note of the process that causes the jam.

Back