• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 with Hogue Overmolded Stock and Forend

boomer1

Copper BB
Here is some information on a modification I did on my Mossberg 500 Persuader HD shotgun, and included part numbers for reference. I installed the Hogue Overmolded stock and forend set (Hogue 05012) on a Mossberg 500 (model 50521) 12 gauge. This model has the Maverick-style one piece pinned forend. You will need to get a 6-3/4" slide tube assembly (Mossberg 12362BL) and the Hogue Forend Adapter nut (Hogue 05020) to do the upgrade. The Hogue forend is a perfect fit with the tube assembly and adapter nut, no trimming was required. Just needed a little Loctite blue for the nut threads. A forend nut wrench (Promag PM163) will make the job easier. The stock was a perfect bolt-on replacement. You will need to reuse the bolt from the Mossberg stock for the Hogue stock installation. Great fit, great product, much nicer than the OEM parts.

There are probably other prior threads with similar information. I hope that this information helps others contemplating this modification.

YMMV,
boomer :cool:

Thanks Boomer!

The Hogue stuff is awesome isnt it?! Its all I use on mine too!

Back