• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500c 20 gauge stock and fore-end?

jlshady00

Copper BB
I've been looking all over for a new stock and fore-end for my 500c, it's a beautiful gun with the original wood, but I'm an avid hunter and really wanting to swap out for realtree camo... I was hoping to find some neat setups on Amazon that my wife could get me for Christmas, and I did, but they're all for the 12 gauge 500.

It's really irritating me because I have no desire to get a 12 gauge, and when looking for a new hunting gun I shopped specifically for a 20. To me the 12 is just overkill and the 20 is more versatile for the different game I hunt, but that's just personal opinion.

So, are there major differences in the stocks and fore-ends between the 12 and 20 or could the ones made for the 12 easily be made to fit the 20? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum from NY.

The 500A stocks will fit the 500C with just a small lip around the edge. The forends will not interchange.

Try Havlin,,,,,
http://havlinsales.com/default.htm

Havlin has it ,,,,,
Model 500C 20 ga Real Tree Hardwoods stock and forearm w/ recoil padItem: 500CHWDS 20 GA stock set (for 6-1/2" action slides) $45 close out

Last edited:
Back