• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500TK

Patch

Copper BB
I'm looking at a Mossberg online that the title describes as a Mossberg 500TK; however, down in the description it talks about a 535? The model number is 53263. I see that these forums have a category for 500's and 535's, so my two related questions are (1) am I looking at a 500 or 535 with this model number, and (2) what's the difference between the 500's and 535's? Is there a quality/reputation difference? Thanks, and have a nice day.

If my research is accurate, I believe you are looking at a Mossberg 500 Tactical Turkey. Essentially it is a Mossberg Model 500 with a Camouflage Finish, 20" Smooth Bore Vent Ribbed Barrel and 6 Position Tactical Style Stock.

I have a Mossberg 500 as do many other members here. Absolutely a great gun! Mine has performed Flawlessly and eats up anything I feed it! I might add that the 500 "TK" also has the ability to change out choke tubes, a nice and handy feature on a Turkey gun.

I cannot speak for the 535 side of the question but I know of very few problems with Mossberg 500s. The difference I believe is the 535 has an "overbored" barrel straight from the factory. I could be wrong and if I am someone else will gladly chime in and correct the error! :D

Back