• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 51274

drfife

.22LR
Does anyone own a Mossberg Flex 590A1 Marinecote with case item #51274?

Pros? Cons?

The ability to break down and store in a soft case is appealing for RV travel.

I have not seen one in person. It is not listed on the Mossberg website, just the 51273.

d57235fec9b7031be88daf4797e09273.jpg

Thanks,

Russell

Don't own one in marine coat, but do own a 590a1...which is a military issued and proven shotgun.

Looks like a nice setup...

Oh dang, who was that who owns the flex and had some issues initially? Maybe @stigmata ?

In any case, the shotgun itself is solid. The receiver, action, barrel and magazine tube are all the same I think as any other. The flex parts make it different but everything can go back to stock and be fitted with standard parts.

You would be right Rossignol.
Initially I had issues but only after a few hundred rounds, then a swap of the cartridge stop and cartridge interupter fixed my shell loading issues. Been over three years now and have had no other issues with the FLEX.

Does anyone own a Mossberg Flex 590A1 Marinecote with case item #51274?

Pros? Cons?

The ability to break down and store in a soft case is appealing for RV travel.

I have not seen one in person. It is not listed on the Mossberg website, just the 51273.

d57235fec9b7031be88daf4797e09273.jpg

Thanks,

Russell

Like Rossignol mentioned I do have a FLEX and I was one of the first FLEX owners here and have had a lot of info put out and taken in on the forum about her.

Overall it's an awesome gun, (afterall, it is a Mossberg) shoots all that you feed it and only had one issue loading shells, but that issue has been a bit more common among 500/590 in general and not so much as the FLEX specifically.

I love the ease of the interchangeable stock and forearm to its various styles available. But unfortunately the selection is limited for interchangeable parts for the FLEX. There are way more parts for the standard 500/590 and luckily they will all work on the FLEX as well. The FLEX specific parts available are the only limitation and con to her.

I left the TLS on mine for the ease in swapping between the six position and std stock but I did change out my forend for a standard 590 forend as opposed to the FLEX forend because I was going after the corn cob style and as far as I know the only FLEX forend out there for her is the one she comes with. Now the one on the marinecote has a different look, haven't seen that particular forend for the FLEX before. Mine came with the block looking one pictured at the bottom of the picture ad posted. Oh and I also had to swap out forend tubes since the one on the FLEX is specific for the detachable forend and not the std 500/590 forends.

As for the marine coat, I can't tell you much about it since mine is the blued one and mine came without a case just the gun itself. Had to purchase my own case.

If you got any specific questions about the FLEX just ask away and I (or we here) will get back to you With some sort of answers.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the ol FLEX as she sits (for now) lol.... Above the case are my TLS std butstock in 12" LOP (like that tight close control) and mil-spec magpul stock off my AR that fits on the FLEX 6-position tube. Oh and poly corn cob forend slightly modded with some wicked hand stops. :)

Swapped out for the regular stock.

See how easy that was...o_O

Last edited:
Back