• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 A1Needed Adjustment

usmc1963

Picked up my 590A1 with XS ghosts ring sight and after a good cleaning I went to the range and after about 30 rounds the gun started to miss picking up a shell from the magazine tube about one in five rounds. Then it started to increase to about every other round until it would not feed at all. After returning home and disassembling the shotgun. I realized that the shell stop was not releasing a shell from the magazine tube. With the slide all the way to the rear I noticed that the tap on the cartridge stop had moved to the front of the forend action bar so that the cartridge stop could not be actuated, it should be behind the action bar. A very slight bend to the cartridge stop corrected the problem. Just got back from the range and the gun was 100%. I also called Mossberg and they are sending me a new cartridge interrupter and cartridge stop.

Last edited:
Picked up my 590A1... after about 30 rounds the gun started to miss picking up a shell ... I also called Mossberg and they are sending me a new cartridge interrupter and cartridge stop.
Great report... Thank you. I like hearing that the factory did just the right thing for you.

Yea...thanks for the sitrep and after action report.

Mossberg IS good when it comes to customer service...and satisfaction.

Semper Fidelis Marine !!

USMC good the hear that Mossberg is taking care of you. My experience with Mossberg's after market service has always been positive.
My question is how accurate was it for you? What where you shooting and at what distance?

The first time out was with two boxes(50 rounds) of Winchester AA 7 1/2 low brass 1300 fps for test and funtion of the shotgun. It was running flawlessly then after about 30 rounds I started with the feeding issue. I returned to the range the next morning after making the adjustment to the cartridge stop and finished the rest of the low brass shells with no feeding issues. I set up a silhouette target at 50 yards and from the standing off hand position was able to put 5, 1oz slugs center mass with no adjustment to the rear XS ghost ring. The rest of my shooting was with different brands of 00 buck at, for me and my home situation would be self defense distances 7 to 15 yards. The gun is running great.

Water Monkey Great post that is exactly what I found and after a little adjustment it has been running flawlessly. I think when I receive the parts from Mossberg I'll just keep them for spares, my 590a1 is running so good I'll just leave it as is.

Back