• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

I ordered one of the Promag 7 shot side saddles today. I sure hope it fits correctly. I will let yuall know how it goes when it gets he here.

This question is for anyone who runs an AFG on their 590. I was wondering how the ergos are with it and how highly you would recomend it. Im wanting to run an ergo rail and try out an afg and hand stop set up.

Love it!

The AFG is extremely comfortable on my 590a1. Just a word of caution though, stick with the original AFG. The AFG2 is much shorter and the forward hand stop will bang the ever lovin crap outta your index finger. I learned the hard way on that one...

LoveMeSome590 said:
This question is for anyone who runs an AFG on their 590. I was wondering how the ergos are with it and how highly you would recomend it. Im wanting to run an ergo rail and try out an afg and hand stop set up.

Egro's Tri-Rail is dope.. It looks bad ass & is tuff as nails. No screw on rails where you have to lock tight screws into place to keep from backing out nor any screws to strip out when tighting & its rails are long & usable.

It does however add a little weight just incase thats something your considering..especially if your going to add a light mount, light, AFG & rail covers to it. I love the dang thing but if I hadnt scored it on the cheap, I probably would of gotten the FAB defense, the one you see on the 590 Blackwater model or the CAA Tri-Rail, only other way I would consider adding almost a pound to my A1 would be with a Surefire Forend with a light already built in, its 1lb weight is kinda a comprimise for ease of functionality vs a light weight polymer railed forend. You figure the EGRO is about 11ounces ( im pretty sure ) then add a normal two cell light with clamp & your over a pound already. I had the UTG metal (9 or 10 ouncesw/out rails) forend for a while & everytime someone would pick up my A1 the first remarks i would always get would be , "Dang that's heavy"... & that's only the 18.5'' heavy bbl model. That forend set up was weighing in about 2lbs when calculating forend + its rails + light mount + a polymer 2cell light + AFG2 + rail covers & i still had to move my hand to switch the light on. Although this Egro has setup lighter, that's why Im personally considering the SF forend for this HD setup.. I do however think the EGRO is a very nice addition on lighter 500/590 non A1 models. Ever since shouldering lighter SG's I've been conscious about her weight, Ive never really been a chubby chaser myself.. Lol. So yeah.. Just my two cents about metal forends. Hope it can give you some insight bro!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Love it!

The AFG is extremely comfortable on my 590a1. Just a word of caution though, stick with the original AFG. The AFG2 is much shorter and the forward hand stop will bang the ever lovin crap outta your index finger. I learned the hard way on that one...

LES is right, the AFG2 does lay down some serious finger banging if your not paying attention.... Luckily im a prude..=P

The downside to your equation with the Egro/AFG1, is that im pretty sure the AFG1 wont fit on the EGRO unless you modify the grip itself. I tried to put the AFG1 on my EGRO & it didn't seem like it wanted to fit.. I didn't investigate any further because I could just tell it wasn't going & i just picked up the AFG2 next to it & it went right on. The problem is that the AFG1 is bigger & part of the grip wraps upward @the 3 & 9oclock rails on the EGRO. I think LES posted a comparison on the two somewhere around here..

If im not right, someone please chime in & correct any misinformation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for the feed back guys, much appreciated. I will take in account the weight of the ergo rail I have a lgs who will let me try it on for size before I buy it. Im interested to hear more about the original afg and find out if it will attach to the ergo rail.

Hello all, I am wondering if there is a rail attachment that will allow for optics/red dot to be used in conjunction with see thru rings and 590 factory GRS? Thanks

You can buy a mount that will allow your red dot to co witness with your GRS. Or you can have your GRS to be seen in the bottom third of your sight picture.

LoveMeSome590 said:
Im interested to hear more about the original afg and find out if it will attach to the ergo rail.

How 'bout a pic for confirmation?

Here's an Ergo tri-rail sport'n an AFG...

Rossignol said:
One more pic of the "Evil 590A1"!!!

If I remember correctly, removing a slight amount of material from the inside contact areas of the AFG will allow it to slide right on the Ergo. Had to do the same thing to one I put on a low profile AR quad-rail...

Really good lookin gun you've got there brother. As soon as my forend comes in ill put up some pics of the afg modifications I have to do if any.

Just ordered a hogue 12" LOP stock, hogue OM fore grip, GG&G qd adapter plate, gear sector single point sling, and gear sector QD adapter both FDE. Stoked!

LoveMeSome590 said:
Just ordered a hogue 12" LOP stock, hogue OM fore grip, GG&G qd adapter plate, gear sector single point sling, and gear sector QD adapter both FDE. Stoked!

So I take it that's a no-go on the EGRO & AFG...?

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Im not sure yet, gonna run it with the hogue set up first. I could only find the 12" lop stock in a set so had no choice but to get the fore grip also. Ergo rail is still a possibility and already have the afg, it currently reside on a S&W m&p 15.

LoveMeSome590 said:
As soon as I can find a GG&G follower and wolff spring in stock those are getting ordered also.

Have you tried the Wolff site? I ordered one for my 500 on 3/2 and received it early last week. I think they quote an 18 day turnaround between ordering and shipping. I just got mine for a backup after I've worn out the stock spring a bit. http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?pag ... =2&mID=103

As far as the GG&G follower, you might want to read here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4030

I've been considering one of the Brownell's followers. Anyone have any experience with these? http://www.brownells.com/magazines/shot ... 20384.aspx

Thanks brother for the info. Wolff spring is ordered. Thats a shame to read about the GG&G follower, does anyone know if the wilson combat follower is compatible? I too would be open to any other suggestions.

LoveMeSome590 said:
Im not sure yet, gonna run it with the hogue set up first. I could only find the 12" lop stock in a set so had no choice but to get the fore grip also. Ergo rail is still a possibility and already have the afg, it currently reside on a S&W m&p 15.

I do have that UTG aluminum trirail if your interested in it. The bigger AFG1 is on it right now. I'd consider selling it as complete unit with the rails, AFG1 & rail covers if your interested, or by its self. I have no use for it anymore. Got that EGRO too, but I kinda like it..

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Regarding the Hogue stock's recoil pad, how effective is it? would a Limbsaver pad be worth it?

Belay that question, I found the answer.

How much heavier is the ergo railed forend than the factory mossberg ribbed forend? Want to get the ergo for my A1 but want to be weight conscious. I found the ergo weighs 11oz but could not find the weight for the factory forend to compare no matter how much searching I did. Is the weight difference negligible or is it very noticeable?

Back