• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
3skulls said:
I feel like I'm going to break something with all that play. :/

We've had no issues with our polymer forends and they're covered by our lifetime warranty so you've got nothing to worry about there!

I have the Talon 5-Sided Aluminum Forend.
I was talking about the play in the whole forend assembly. The Talon Forend itself is awesome!

I posted a video above. I can rock the forend back and forth a good 1/2" without it hitting the barrel.

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
srvctec said:
I will be removing it and selling it and the rails it came with in the next few weeks and installing an ATI Aluminum Shotgun Forend Short Rail Package A.5.10.1180. Hopefully, the ATI fill my hand a little better.

We appreciate your business and know you'll love the Talon aluminum forend! Don't forget we have the 10% forum discount with promo code "Mossberg" at http://www.ATIgunstocks.com

How come you don't have the above mentioned A.5.10.1180 available for sale on your website? I found it on DVOR a couple of days ago, but that offer is gone now.

That package was a discontinued due to a re-thinking of what should be included. It would honestly make more sense for our customers to order the aluminum forend and rails as needed. Most people will only add one 2" rail for a flashlight, etc...

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
That package was a discontinued due to a re-thinking of what should be included. It would honestly make more sense for our customers to order the aluminum forend and rails as needed. Most people will only add one 2" rail for a flashlight, etc...
Thanks!

So I have put about 150 shells through her with the ATI forend and Magpul AFG1.

I like the feel but still not happy with all the play. When I have the gun mounted, holding the forend tight, I can rock the gun back and forth with my strong hand. Not good at all.

Might have to save up and go a different route. Maybe go back to keeping it simple and pick up the GG&G so I can keep my light.

ATI is there anyway to fix this?

I'll take that as a no.

I have a $20 coupon from GG&G. I think I'll try them next.
Gave them a call and they are all out at the Shot Show.

Anyone know which package puts the rail on the left hand side if the gun?
I'm a right handed shooter but want to control the light with my thumb.

3skulls said:
So I have put about 150 shells through her with the ATI forend and Magpul AFG1.

I like the feel but still not happy with all the play. When I have the gun mounted, holding the forend tight, I can rock the gun back and forth with my strong hand. Not good at all.

ATI is there anyway to fix this?

The play you can feel is in the action bars on the shotgun. The forend setup is very secure to the firearm, but on the stock forend it actually hits the barrel so it won't rotate/play as much. Our forend is designed in such a manner that it won't make any barrel contact. You don't have to worry about that play effecting the firearm from a mechanical standpoint.

From a matter of feel there's nothing you can do to reduce that really as the play is in the action bars.

MWright936 said:
MWright936 said:
...To my question... Has anyone tried this grip: http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/ptk.htm ? It looks pretty awesome and doesn't have the front "tab" that bangs the knuckles on the AFG's. Thoughts?

I just wanted to bump this part of my post from a few weeks ago. Anyone tried this grip?

I have seen them at academy sports b4 and have wondered about it too. Resembles the AFG from Magpul just in a different look. I love the AFG on my AR just didn't quite have the same effect for me when I had it on my Flex590, keept hitting my fingers on the recoil, but looked badass on there. Mako is a good brand and i currently have their fab defense tri_rail cob forend on my flex now and I love the feel and function.

stigmata said:
MWright936 said:
MWright936 said:
...To my question... Has anyone tried this grip: http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/ptk.htm ? It looks pretty awesome and doesn't have the front "tab" that bangs the knuckles on the AFG's. Thoughts?

I just wanted to bump this part of my post from a few weeks ago. Anyone tried this grip?

I have seen them at academy sports b4 and have wondered about it too. Resembles the AFG from Magpul just in a different look. I love the AFG on my AR just didn't quite have the same effect for me when I had it on my Flex590, keept hitting my fingers on the recoil, but looked badass on there. Mako is a good brand and i currently have their fab defense tri_rail cob forend on my flex now and I love the feel and function.

Yeah, I am banging my knuckles on the AFG2 on my 590A1, which is why the Mako grip caught my eye. It doesn't have the "stop" on the front like the Magpul. Looks like I might just have to order one and try it out. If I do, I'll be sure and post.

MWright936 said:
Yeah, I am banging my knuckles on the AFG2 on my 590A1, which is why the Mako grip caught my eye. It doesn't have the "stop" on the front like the Magpul. Looks like I might just have to order one and try it out. If I do, I'll be sure and post.

Can't wait to find out.....I've been curious about it too. Don't forget the pics.....

Well, I had a birthday, and I treated myself to a few new accessories for my 590A1. One of those was the Mako grip discussed above:

I also added a L&M flashlight mount and a Mission First Tactical stock saddle:

As you can tell, I had a bit of a photo shoot. I haven't shot it yet, but everything feels great. The Mako foregrip is very comfortable and looks pretty awesome. The MFT stock saddle made a huge improvement in comfort, and the L&M light mount is very solid and holds the light snug up against the gun instead of sticking way out, adding bulk. I'm happy all the way around!

Well, I had a birthday, and I treated myself to a few new accessories for my 590A1. One of those was the Mako grip discussed above:

I also added a L&M flashlight mount and a Mission First Tactical stock saddle:

As you can tell, I had a bit of a photo shoot. I haven't shot it yet, but everything feels great. The Mako foregrip is very comfortable and looks pretty awesome. The MFT stock saddle made a huge improvement in comfort, and the L&M light mount is very solid and holds the light snug up against the gun instead of sticking way out, adding bulk. I'm happy all the way around!

Where did you get the L&M mount from? That looks like a much better way to mount a light than on the foregrip.

Is that the ATI foregrip? I may go with this same setup on mine.

Where did you get the L&M mount from? That looks like a much better way to mount a light than on the foregrip.

Is that the ATI foregrip? I may go with this same setup on mine.

I ordered the L&M mount from Mountsplus.com. Make sure you order the one that fits your model shotgun. The 590A1 has to have the 25mm (I think) mount to accommodate the heavy barrel. It explains which size fits which model on the site. Like I said, I haven't shot it with it on there yet, but it feels rock solid.

The forend is the ATI Talon 5-Sided Forend, and the foregrip is the Forward Pointing Foregrip by Mako. I ordered the grip from Amazon, but you can get it several places.

MWright936 post: 153579 said:

As you can tell, I had a bit of a photo shoot. I haven't shot it yet, but everything feels great. The Mako foregrip is very comfortable and looks pretty awesome. The MFT stock saddle made a huge improvement in comfort, and the L&M light mount is very solid and holds the light snug up against the gun instead of stinging way out, adding bulk. I'm happy all the way around!stockings

Nice addition I like the look of it On there. Gonna pick one up today when im out At academy if they have any in stock.:cool:

Please excuse me necroing an old thread but this looked like the place to ask instead of starting a whole new one.

Do any of you happen to know if the Command Arms MR500 forend will fit on a 590A1? It's similar to the Mako/Fab Defense PR-MO (found on the 590A1 Tacticals) but states its for the 500/590. Of course I found out AFTER ordering it that there might be a fitment issue but even Command Arms support wasn't for certain. Surely nothing that a wee bit of dremel work couldn't fix right? Decided to try the MR500 because I liked the look of the grip texture better then the original cob which my small fingers don't really care for plus the bottom rail to add an AFG. Appreciate any help!

The action slide tube, nut, etc. shouldn't be an issue.

Don't recall anyone here posting about the Command Arms unit but the only problem we see with certain aftermarket forends, namely the Hogue over-molded forend, is that the top surface of the forend itself makes contact with the bottom surface of the thicker 590A1 barrel. As you mentioned, removing a slight amount of material from the forend with a dremel or by other means will solve the problem. Keep us posted...

Any particular attachment for the Dremel anyone would suggest for shaving down plastic that wouldnt chew it up instantly if I have to take matters into my own hands?

Back