• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Heat Shields

I thought I'd share with you guys and keep you updated as events warrant

I called Mossberg's Customer Service line directly today and spoke with a very helpful lady by the name of Silvia, about ordering the 590A1 heat shield (#16335P) directly through Mossberg.

The good news is the part actually comes up in her system, just like we're able to order it!

The bad news is she called the warehouse to see if it was in stock, and wasn't able to get a response at the time.

She took my name and number and said she'd call me back later today, but being it was 4:30pm when I got through originally, I will be VERY impressed with their CS if they indeed do call me back today.

If I don't hear back from them by ~1pm tomorrow I'll call back again and see what's up.

Hopefully we actually can get these direct from Mossberg, and sidestep all the heartache those who ordered through AimPro have suffered.

I'll keep you guys updated!

TheJackal said:
I thought I'd share with you guys and keep you updated as events warrant

I called Mossberg's Customer Service line directly today and spoke with a very helpful lady by the name of Silvia, about ordering the 590A1 heat shield (#16335P) directly through Mossberg.

The good news is the part actually comes up in her system, just like we're able to order it!

The bad news is she called the warehouse to see if it was in stock, and wasn't able to get a response at the time.

She took my name and number and said she'd call me back later today, but being it was 4:30pm when I got through originally, I will be VERY impressed with their CS if they indeed do call me back today.

If I don't hear back from them by ~1pm tomorrow I'll call back again and see what's up.

Hopefully we actually can get these direct from Mossberg, and sidestep all the heartache those who ordered through AimPro have suffered.

I'll keep you guys updated!

So.............what happened?

Totally forgot about this thread until now

Father asked me what I wanted for Christmas - and I couldn't think of anything even close to reasonably affordable ( :lol: ) so I really couldn't ask for anything other than to spend the day with family.

On Sunday night I was cleaning my 500 and 590A1 and found myself wishing the 590 had a heatshield too.

Bingo! - I told my father about it - and he decided he'd like one for his A1 too. :twisted:

So we called up Mossberg on Monday and inquired about them again.

They are backordered and couldn't give us an ETA, but we were able to place 2 of them on order no problem!

I don't remember what the exact price was per unit - I'll have to ask my old man again and get back to ya'll - but I do know it was very reasonable.

So it turns out you can order them direct - call up and ask the rep nicely for part #16335P from their Law Enforcement catalog.

Here's hoping the backorder isn't terribly long - though I'm almost sure I'm already better off than I would be if I had tried to order from AimPro instead.

:mrgreen:

Update on the prices

The A1 heat shield kits are only $38 apiece!! :D

That's actually $12 less than you'd pay for a regular (non-a1) parkerized heat shield from MidwayUSA ($49.99), and $21 cheaper than if you tried to order the same thing through AimPro ($59).

Hey ya'll check out what I got!

Shipped direct from Mossberg!

They actually showed up a week after I ordered them - my father knew I was prepared to wait for them, so he hid the packages until Christmas morning - today.

Y0nDqcQ.jpg

8ZyVIDv.jpg

The quality, fit and finish is absolutely fantastic, and at $38 apiece (when a park'd 500 heatshield goes for $50) they are a STEAL.

If you want one I highly recommend giving Mossberg a call and ordering one - you won't be disappointed.

aksavanaman said:
Feeling like an idiot for spending $75 on my Aimpro one... Hindsight's 20/20 ;)

AK.... I'd like to see a pic of your $75 HS when you get it.....just curious to see whats the deal for these elusive HS that finally show up at your doorstep aftet the wait....

aksavanaman said:
Just in case Shotten or nitesite missed it in the other thread....Thanks again!

It's great quality and the park matched the gun perfectly, I've actually had it for a year or so... But I have no idea if aimpro's is still in business...

For the 20" heavy barreled 590A1, is there any difference between the heat shield offered by Aimpro and the heat shield offered by Mossberg?

Yup.

You can actually get your hands on the one from Mossberg. All joking aside, besides the AimPro the only heat shield that'll fit the heavy walled breacher barrels are the factory 590a1 heat shield from Mossberg (part # 16335P). I'd suggest calling to order directly from Mossberg since AimPro has been MIA for the last several months and contact with them is next to impossible...

(800) 363-3555

Just for reference sake I thought I would post this. I ordered a factory Mossberg parkerized heat shield. Model#95066 P/N12986 for my 590 #50778 7shot. I thought that because my 590 didn't have the heavy barrel it should have fit, but obviously I was wrong. I ordered it directly from Mossbergs website. When I went to install it and slid the heat shield all the way back over my barrel the front mounting points where you thread the bolts through literally sat at the barrel lug. Apparently this one is only meant to fit 20" non heavy barreled 590's and other 500 variants. If anyone is interested in the shield lmk, otherwise it's just a paperweight for me. I'm still a little mad that now I have some scratches on my barrel where the bands make contact when the shield is pushed all the way back to the receiver.

Last edited:
As a small update I was browsing Havlin's website and saw the heat shield that they were offering. It looked like it might work for my gun, so I sent them a message explaining my situation. I will post back with a update when they respond to me. They might just be offering the same factory Mossberg one that I already tried, but Who knows, maybe not.

Here is the proper heat shield from Mossberg installed on my M590A1:

20160713_193403_1.jpg

Oh, but it is so nice! And it works well! Keeps that hot heat away from the hand during intense combat and bayonet fighting, or just fun at the range. :D

As a small update I was browsing Havlin's website and saw the heat shield that they were offering. It looked like it might work for my gun, so I sent them a message explaining my situation. I will post back with a update when they respond to me. They might just be offering the same factory Mossberg one that I already tried, but Who knows, maybe not.
Got an email back from Havlin stating that the heat shields they sell are the same Mossberg ones that won't work for me. They did exchange a few emails with me providing suggestions for Aimpro and ATI heat shields. After looking over the ATI standard shield, it would be the easiest one to modify to fit my 590 non A1 18.5" barrel. All it would need is for the back end to be trimmed a little I assume and slide the heat shield back a little further.

Anyone done a comparison between the aimpro and Mossberg factory heatshields for the 590A1?

I'm inclined to get the Mossberg version, so long as it fits properly. Though I tried emailing Mossberg's customer support and asking them if they had any; the response I got was that there were no factory options that fit the 590A1. Do I need to call the LE dept of Mossberg to get a straight answer on this?

As far as I have seen looking into this for my own mossy, there is a heat shield that fits the heavy wall barrel of the 590A1 20" but not the 18.5". AimPro was the only one producing a heat shield that fit the 18.5" heavy barrel that I knew of. The other alternative was to buy the 20" heavy barrel heat shield version and modify it by replacing the hardware and grinding it down a bit for the front to fit just behind the barrel lug and also grinding the back end of the heat shield so that the barrel can be seated properly in the receiver. The AimPro is just slightly shorter so that it would fit the 18.5" barrel and has only one bolt hole for the hardware behind the barrel lug. Check this posting for what I mean. http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=443645

Last edited:
Does anyone know which heat shield looks best with blued matte finish? They have Parkerized, and Blued. I was thinking that maybe blued would work, bead blasted, and blued with Oxpho Blue.

Back