• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Has anyone tried the Bell and Carlson stocks? They apparently offer custom length of pull and recoil pad options. I'm interested in hearing real world experiences with their product quality and customer service.

Re: Will this fit?

Doc18d said:
I wasn't to exited about the gap either when I first saw it. I will tell you, After firing it i never looked back.
The one thing I didn't realize befor instalation was that you have to remove the stock to tear down the weapon. Again, with the tremendous recoil reduction I will live with this.

Is this true with all the pistol grip stocks? I've read every post and looked at every pic and now my corneas are killing me...haha. But it does look like no matter which one you get you will have to remove it to get the trigger group out? Correct?

Re: Flex 590 - Remove Stock

Finally got around to putting the AFG on. Looking pretty mean now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370216107.533615.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370216107.533615.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 639
Re: Flex 590 - Remove Stock

Nice looking AFG jayhawk.... I see u flipped the bottom rail around to make it work for u.
Looks meaner now :twisted: , i love the look of it.
Let us know how it works out and feels for you.

By the way what light is that. Like the look of it!

I just ordered my Hogue 12" stock set and according to Amazon it should be here on Friday :) I hope I can install it right away. I've been hearing from some that you need a different sized bolt but others say they get it on in 10 min. Is it Friday yet!?!? Hahahaha.

Stock came today and I installed it with no problems. Gun looks great and feels like a whole new weapon! Can't wait to shoot it now!!

Here's the pics....not!! It says the file is too big so I guess I can't show you what it looks like. I also just got a Raven Concealment side saddle and will put that on this weekend.

I just tried and my photo program doesn't let me do that anymore since my "free trial" ended already but if I want to pay...hahaha...then I could re-size them. Anyways, I just ordered a 590A1 compact, 51520, from Buds. I can't believe they still had it since I got the notification this morning but was hesitant because I wasn't sure if I could afford it at this time but it's too late now. Very shocked it was still in stock. Hopefully I won't have to sell a kidney when the bill comes.

I might have missed it but does anyone know if 'SpeedFeed' offers a shorter lop stock that will still hold rounds?

Not that I'm aware of, although I remember seeing one that somebody modded so that it only accepted one round in each side.

I'm making out my shopping list and right after ammo is the Hogue 12" LOP stock for an A1. The best price I've found is $49.99 at Optics Planet but for 8 bucks more they have a kit that includes the stock and a forend. Is there any reason NOT to get the kit? Even if I don't want to mount the forend, it can't hurt to have an extra lying around and it's only 8 bucks. Or is it a different stock than the one sold by itself and I'm missing that fact?

Same stock whether you buy it as a kit or stand-alone.

Only issue with the Hogue forend is that they require a bit of modification for a proper fit on the A1 models. Due to the thicker barrel, the top inner surface of the forend contacts the barrel and will interfere with proper manipulation of the action. The forends are still useable though. All it takes is to remove a little material and you're good to go...

I was pretty sure it would be the same stock but it can't hurt to make sure. The factory stock is definitely a bit long. I usually smack it on my shoulder while raising it up. Short, fat guy arms I guess. Plus right now the shotgun is front-heavy and a shorter stock should help that. If the 12" LOP turns out to be too short then putting a Limbsaver on it will lengthen it a little but that probably won't be a worry.

It seems like a no-brainer to get the kit; ya never know what's going to happen and one day it might be good to have an extra forend lying in a drawer someplace. Right now I'm not seeing much need to replace the one that's on there but I'll know more about that after I get her to the range. It does rattle around a bit but I understand that is normal.

I had ordered a Hogue 13" LOP stock from AIMPRO tactical but got tired of waiting for it and eventually cancelled my order. I didn't want a pistol-grip stock so my options seemed few. Eventually I came back to Mossberg and ordered the stock that comes on the Thunder Ranch 500.

FYI, the part # is 19708 and it sells for $65 plus shipping. They list LOP as 13" but I measure it at 12.75". MUCH better than the original though the buttpad seems a bit less cushiony.

mossy590a1003_zpsa5dec177.jpg

mossy590a1004_zpsc3feac30.jpg

The Hogue 12" LOP is excellent.. bit of an adjustment having the receiver so close to your face, but it shortens the 50660 by two inches :D

Just wanted to throw in my thoughts.

I have had my 590A1 for a little over a year now. Shot it with the original stock for a bit then picked up a Hogue (12" LOP if I remember right) to make it a bit shorter.

The Hogue felt good but would start to hurt my wrist some after time.

I went back and forth trying to make my mind up on getting a stock with the pistol grip. I thought I would never know until I tried it for myself.

Picked up the ATI
8uqemu9u.jpg

Went on very easy. The instructions might need to be updated because it was telling me to hold bolts that weren't there. Anyway, a very easy install.
It feels very natural to me now. I feel I have more control over the gun and I can really tuck my elbow in now.

On Christmas I got to shoot a few boxes of 00 Buck and a bunch of Bird Shot.
The 00 Buck felt like Bird Shot and the Bird Shot didn't feel like much of anything.
IMO I could stay on target a lot easier making follow up shots really quick.

So far I'm really happy that I went ahead and got one to try out. I know they are not for everyone but I think it was a wise choice for me.

Can't wait to go shooting again.

Back