• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: knoxxs opps GEN II kit

No way they haven’t seen some come back. I don’t care how good something is made they always get at least one come back. It’s a great stock and I believe shooting it breaks it in if it seems stiff put one or two drops of gun oil on all the contact points, where the friction is and it will loosen up some and make it smoother. If you run an optic look into the powerpak to adjust for proper cheek weld.
Pay attention to your posture and where you put your cheek weld, it likes a more squared up stance rather than a bladed stance although I have shot it bladed while playing around with clays. Yours should have come with some paperwork explaining the proper technique. You shouldn’t have to manually compress it….it compresses plenty while you are shooting it.

More than likely the Gen II was designed not because of issues with the Gen I, but due to new ideas and added features. The overall ergonomics seem to have improved on the new model. I really like the implementation of the adjustable palm swells on the pistol grip.

The ergonomics are really the only things that changed but for me it was a huge improvement because of that.

Converted my 590 Cruiser

I liked my 590 Cruiser, but with the pistol grip only set-up I didn't get out and shoot it very often. So, I picked up the Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps adjustable stock this afternoon. Installation was a breeze.

Before pic...

...and with the new stock...

Here it is with the A1...

So if it's not a Cruiser anymore I guess it's a "Tactical Breacher" or "590 SP" now, not sure what to call it. The new rig is a much more practical for me and it'll get a lot more range time now. It's got a great feel to it and I can't wait to get it out to the range tomorrow.

Re: Converted my 590 Cruiser

It looks far more useful now! They're both great looking shotguns. I likeee.... :)

Lookin good man! I really like the look of that stock on pretty much everything I have seen it on! :D

Re: Re: Converted my 590 Cruiser

I really like my Knox spec ops blackhawk stock with it and the limbsaver buttpad it makes it pretty tame.
Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
So if it's not a Cruiser anymore I guess it's a "Tactical Breacher" or "590 SP" now, not sure what to call it. The new rig is a much more practical for me and it'll get a lot more range time now. It's got a great feel to it and I can't wait to get it out to the range tomorrow.

Call it the 590 LES... Legit Extreme Special... ;)

see what i did there?

There it is...the LES Breacher !! ( Patent Pending ;) )

have fun with the new stock, I am going to the range tomorrow too wooohoo

The most dangerous part might be when we see my MIL, my FIL just bought a S&W MP15 ....without telling her. He called a couple hours ago and wants to go shoot it. Should be entertaining.

Ooooooooh... :shock: Should be nice!

590 LOP and Hogue

Hey yall. I currently own a 590 Mariner and love it but am unable to fully enjoy it becuase of the
factory LOP being too long and causing a lot more felt recoil. I am wondering if a 12''LOP stock from Hogue would tame the felt recoil that I am experiencing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back