• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Converted my 590 Cruiser

Oh, darnit! I did see that! Well crap... sorry man! My memory is no longer reliable.

I think it looks great and I appreciate you posting it again! Thanks! :D

Re: *New Product-ATI Zombie Stalker Akita Stock

I'll go with Rossisnol on this. As a novilty item for a 18-25 year old you'll find a marke. But I would hate to see a firearm displaying decals of skulls, zombies, etc. used as evidence in court against a person that was lawfully defending his family, home or self. An attorney may use such graphics to argue that a persons state of mind is predisposed toward violence.

That's just my thoughts.

*New Product-ATI Zombie Stalker Akita Stock

Ok...I'll pile on.

This is in the same category as "Fantasy Swords".
Ones that are called "Vampire Slayer" or knives that say "Death waits in the Night".
This is for Video Gamers that fantasize about running around with 20 Bandoliers hanging around their shoulders killing Zombie Hoards.

Birdshead grip for the 590?

I recently came across some information concerning someone who is currently making the birdshead pistol grip for the 590, and now I can't seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, does anyone know whether or not anyone still has the old Speedfeed birdshead grip in stock? It's too bad Speedfeed discontinued production of this grip.

Re: Birdshead grip for the 590?

birdhead grips are nice. Much more comfortable than a standard pistol grip to me, less abusive on the hand.

Installing Hogue stock on 590A1

So my Aimpro/Hogue 13" LOP stock arrived today for my recently purchased 590A1 and I noticed that the recoil pad had no screw holes. I remember watching a video a while back on how to install a Hogue 12 LOP stock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnq3pyLbz9E[/youtube]

Am I supposed to just stab this recoil pad with a screwdriver and hope to puncture the right place for the screw heads? Anyone have any tips on how to make this install as clean as possible?

Thanks

Re: Installing Hogue stock on 590A1

The holes are there, you just can't see them.

Use your thumbs, press down and gently pull outward against the center line of the recoil pad until you find them. The holes are located about an inch in from each end, you can use the video to reference. Once you find where they are, applying a little dish washing liquid to your screwdriver will make it easier to push down to the screw head and avoid tearing the opening...

Dishsoap sounds like a good idea,I have always put a drop of CLP on each screwhole before pushing the screw or my narrow shaft screwdriver through the hole.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The holes are there, you just can't see them.

Use your thumbs, press down and gently pull outward against the center line of the recoil pad until you find them. The holes are located about an inch in from each end, you can use the video to reference. Once you find where they are, applying a little dish washing liquid to your screwdriver will make it easier to push down to the screw head and avoid tearing the opening...

Thanks!!! You were absolutely right. I just got the stock installed and the gun feels perfect now not to mention I don't have to press my cheek against the speedfeed slot anymore. I'm glad I didn't go with the 12" one. I am pleased.

Dude, thats awesome! Glad you like it and got it installed without issue!

ps I used dishsoap too! ;)

Kind of like finding a leak in a tire. Dawn or palmolive and water.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Re: Will this fit?

You can find it cheaper on other websites.

And this is a direct quote from the one you linked:

Fits Most 12 Ga Mossberg* 500/535/590/835, Remington 870 and Winchester* 1200/1300 Shotguns

Re: Will this fit?

Vector said:
Will this fit our 590's? If so how good is it from those who have used it?

http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactical-st ... ystem.html

Yeah but I have used it and the blackhawk knoxx. The ati even with a slip on limb saver butt pad did not reduce recoil at all. If anything it made it worse. It was even worse with the buttpad that came on the ati talon. The knoxx actually reduces recoil a heck of alot better.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Back