• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Installed the Aimtech "Warhammer" heat shield. (Stogie may get a new companion. I am hereby naming my Shockwave "WARHAMMER".) Very easy to install. Took about 10 minutes including installing the laser. I really like the look and feel of the unit. Very sturdy but light weight aluminum. This part is made specifically for the Shockwave, so no gunsmithing required.The bead sight is even visible if you sight down under the rail. For my indoor use, I'll be using the green laser.

Because the Shockwave is so new, these are not easy to find. For reference, the Aimtech part numbers are as follows:
ML3A1SWH is the rail together with a MagPul M-Lok side rail included. Lists for $129.99
ML3A1SWH 6S is the same basic rail but has an integrated aluminum 6 shell side carrier and also includes the MagPul side rail. Lists for $149.99

Aimtech will take orders direct. Their number is 229-226-4313. (I received an offer from them of $20 off and free shipping. They may extend it to others if you ask.)

Some images of WARHAMMER below
IMG_20170831_191338.jpg

IMG_20170831_183236107_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170831_191531.jpg

IMG_20170831_191612.jpg

I responded to your other post. You answered most of my questions here. Can you show a picture from the other side?
I like the name "Warhammer". Like I said on the other post, "That's a good lookin' thang."
Lots of attitude in a small package, that can back it up.
Ya gotta love a Shockwave.

Last edited:
Rambo......one more thing. I did searches on the second part# you gave me, and your pictures come up. You're a world wide celebrity.

Last edited:
The Mossberg 590 Shockwave forum has come a long way, in a short while. We quickly overcame any questions of legality and recognized it as a legal, non-NFA weapon. You want it….go buy it….and WE DID.
We have witnessed the originators of wood stocks on the Shockwave.
(And I don’t mean the cheap copies from Thailand)
We have seen others take that rich, natural medium, and develop it into functional, creative, lovely works of art, bringing brass, and history, into the spectrum. Shockwave craftsmen have travelled with their artistry into the deep, remote parts of Alaska. Our fellow members have been diligent in keeping us in touch with their design and progress.
We have seen parts never meant for the Shockwave, cut, modified, and enjoyed by each creative owner. We have seen members take parts intended for other Mossberg weapons, and modify them to fit the Shockwave.
From the onset, we have watched the introduction of aftermarket Shockwave products. As I write this, the introductions are miniscule, but beginning to flow from imagination, to ingenuity, to initiative. More products designed for the Shockwave will come online, because the Shockwave is the newest weapon to answer the call of many gun owners. This is NOT a radical design, but it is not a “me too”. It is NOT a worthless toy. It is NOT another weapon for nay-sayers to direct their ignorant blabber. With this weapon, we have overcome one more ridiculous level of government regulation.
The Shockwave fills the nitch for a certain gun owner who is knowledgeable of guns, likes to shoot guns, and knows fun and function when he/she sees it. It will not impress those who are ignorant of the various levels of purpose that guns provide.
In the past three months, I have witnessed a renewed interest in a weapon unlike any other in a while. I don’t think the attraction is due to any great design by any manufacture, but more so, by the wants and perhaps needs of the gun buying public.
As for me. I love this little weapon.
My needs are not important to you……but they are to me………and the Shockwave fills my needs, at many levels.
Thank you Mossberg.
Rico
PS
I hope those who find interest in the Shockwave will come forward and be a part of this forum. To those who have contributed to the forum, I thank you, and have enjoyed you greatly. As you finish your “project” and move on to other venues, I will miss you. Already I sense your absence.
Light ‘em up Boys…..Stogie.

I just need dual residency. Summer home in Nevada perhaps, if I wasn't so broke from living in the SF bay area. Housing here is through the damn roof.

I totally understand, I use to live in Livermore back in the 80's and it was crazy expensive even then!!

Through Midnight Wednesday 9/6, ALL GG&G American Made Products including Shotgun Accessories, AR Accessories, SCAR Accessories, Scope Mounts, EOTech Accessories, Flashlight Mounts, Fun Stuff and everything we manufacture is ON SALE AT 25% OFF! As an added BONUS, you get FREE GROUND SHIPPING on all products on our website when your order totals $50.00 or more!

Living in rural Georgia allows us the freedom to shoot guns in “almost” absolute freedom. I left for town today to get a haircut (and to buy more prep for Hurricane Irma). On my way to town I stopped at a friend’s grain business. He had been gone for a while with business dealings in Florida. He is a gun fan, liking mostly large caliber stuff. When I showed him my Stogie his eyes lit up. His comment was something on the order of “what the hell is that?” We walked out the back door of his business and he proceeded to shoot 00Buck only steps away, at his back-door target. He will soon be another Shockwave owner. It was a fun visit.
Finishing errands in town, I went to see my barber. He is another gun fan. I mentioned the Shockwave and that a friend had gone to Alaska with it loaded with slugs, describing the scabbard and quick draw DarkPassenger308 had attained. He proceeded to tell me of his Grizzly hunt many years ago. It was quite a story. I don’t know if he has lived the stories he tells, or if they are tails from great authors like Hemmingway, but he is certainly the most entertaining barber I have ever known. To give him credit, he always has guns for sale, and guns are welcome in his barber shop. As he cut my hair, my Glock 30S was on my hip. He had heard me talk of Stogie during my last visit for a haircut, a month ago. I mentioned Stogie was in my truck and he told me to bring it in. Another patron climbed into his barber chair as I went to get my Shockwave. When I showed it to the two of them, they both smiled like kids on Christmas morning. I let the barber handle Stogie and get a feel, but we were in a shopping area that would not allow us to step outside and shoot…..dang it. All in all, it was a good day introducing Stogie to some of my friends.
I suggest you do the same with your Shockwave. You will be surprised at the smiles you see on their face.

Finishing errands in town, I went to see my barber. He is another gun fan. I mentioned the Shockwave and that a friend had gone to Alaska with it loaded with slugs, describing the scabbard and quick draw DarkPassenger308 had attained. He proceeded to tell me of his Grizzly hunt many years ago. It was quite a story. I don’t know if he has lived the stories he tells, or if they are tails from great authors like Hemmingway, but he is certainly the most entertaining barber I have ever known.

You know how they say everything is bigger in Texas? Alaska could swallow Texas twice and still have room for a few more states. That means extra big fish stories. Haha.

Stay safe. Hope you weather the storm unscathed. Keep your head down and your gun up!

Thanks. We are forecast to get 70+ mph winds. I will start boarding up some windows today. I worry about all the trees we have.
Where ya at in rural GA? We be in Hall County, on the Banks County line

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

We have two bird feeders in the front yard, and birds, of all kinds, always crowd the feeders. This goes on for three days until the feeders are empty. On a different note, the sky is always filled with soaring buzzards, even sometimes swooping down through the yard. (No, we aren't dead...at least not yet). I filled the feeders three days ago and have not seen a bird or buzzard in those three days. Could the approaching hurricane have something to do with their disappearance? Do they watch the Weather Channel or have another sense we know nothing about?......or does my neighbor have a bigger bird feeder with better seeds than me?

Back