• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

That bag would be very good for transport of the Shockwave during inclement weather, and yours looks like new. I never spent any official time with the M60. I have fired one and smile whenever I think about it. While in ‘Nam I went to the perimeter at night, our flares floating down from the sky, and watched the Army guys give the M60 a workout over the rice paddies. I don’t know why anyone would think of charging at a M60. I was Air Force, and the Army was protecting my ass while I worked on aircraft. God Bless the Army. If I can find one of these bags in good shape, I just might buy it. Thanks.
I, too, was in Vietnam. The "Hog" was an awesome and comforting device. I recently purchased a bag for the M240 barrel on that notorious site we all love to hate. I paid twelve-bucks for it. Will post my opinion on it once it is received.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I, too, was in Vietnam. The "Hog" was an awesome and comforting device. I recently purchased a bag for the M240 barrel on that notorious site we all love to hate. I paid twelve-bucks for it. Will post my opinion on it once it is received.

I've also used the M240 barrel bag for my AK underfolder. I bought both when I found them, not knowing which I'd prefer over time. The M60 fit a little better and had less slop. I also prefer the aesthetics. I ended up gifting the M240 bag to a friend for his AK. I imagine it will work great for a Shockwave. Please share a pic if you can.

Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've also used the M240 barrel bag for my AK underfolder. I bought both when I found them, not knowing which I'd prefer over time. The M60 fit a little better and had less slop. I also prefer the aesthetics. I ended up gifting the M240 bag to a friend for his AK. I imagine it will work great for a Shockwave. Please share a pic if you can.

Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do.

Rico, take note. GG&G is now selling the Magpul 590 forearm already modified for the Shockwave. $44.75 out the door with free shipping. Another after-market item for the Shockwave.

https://www.gggaz.com/magpul-forearm-for-mossberg-shockwave.html

I wrote to GG&G thanking them for the modified Magpul foregrip, and for their continued interest in the Shockwave. In my letter I suggested they sell a Magpul/heat shield combo. I recommended the front bead as the mounting point on the heat shield like Dr. Marneaus did. To me, this mounting technique is the most practical in a mass production scenario. I will let y'all know if they write me back. If they decide to do this, I assume they will adjust the Magpul foregrip to slide properly with the heat shield.

Nighthawk Custom has come out with a new "weapon" - the Tomahawk. It has a 16" barrel and a pistol grip. The length is 26.1" so no NFA paperwork. But, with a MSRP of $1,395 you can spend just $40 more and get 4 Shockwaves. The Shockwave Raptor grip is better for managing recoil than the pistol grip. It looks like they are using the Remington 870 action. It's another manufacturer making the Mossberg Shockwave pattern.

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/tomahawk

I think they missed the boat with the pistol grip. However, coming from Nighthawk, I bet the Tomahawk has a silky smooth action.
I see they have Hogue furniture. I contacted Hogue several weeks ago asking them to consider the Shockwave. I prefer the Mossberg 590 to the Remington 870.

tumblr_ncowfpN5qh1s2wio8o2_500.gif

I was able t find out that the Tomahawk, with the 16" barrel and mag extension has a 5 + 1 capacity, the same as the Shockwave. It's a Remington action so the mini-shells will not work in it.

I was able t find out that the Tomahawk, with the 16" barrel and mag extension has a 5 + 1 capacity, the same as the Shockwave. It's a Remington action so the mini-shells will not work in it.

Yikes. I was wondering about capacity, thanks. So....It's a Rem Tac-14 with a small dose of steroids. I wish the company luck, but I have a hard time imagining there's much of a market for it.

I think that Nighthawk should have gone with the basic Shockwave with a 16 1/4" barrel and +1 mag extension (2 1/4" long). That would be the Tomahawk with a 6+1 capacity and a total length of 26.35" and the mini-shells would work (with the adapter).

If you used the +1 adapter on the regular Shockwave, the end of the adapter would extend about 3/4" in front of the muzzle and have a flat face.

I think the mag extension will fit a Shockwave without a heat shield (or Rico's with the mounting screws in the barrel). It looks like the large end will interfere with any heat shield that has the bolts on the underside of the barrel (like the Dr's and mine) and not work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-J-Hardwar...627714?hash=item28292ed842:g:pcAAAOSwBEpZpFu-

Last edited:
Mark, you are on top of the details. I assume the hole in the front of the adapter is for a sling swivel. If I follow your thought, adding a sling swivel, might bring the total tube length to one inch beyond the Shockwaves barrel. Does that sound correct?

All I did was take the overall length of the +1 adapter and then measured the 2 1/4" from the front of the barrel band. That gave 3/4" past the muzzle. Just add the length of the sling stud to the 3/4" and that is the final extension past the muzzle. This could be plus or minus about 1/16". A 1/4" sling stud would give about a 1" total extension past the muzzle. A 1" increase in the overall length won't hurt the handling of Stogie. I thought of you, Rico, when I saw this.

Thanks Mark. My only hesitation is making Stogie any longer. I like the compactness of the tube and barrel being the same length. However, I wlll keep this in mind. It's fun seeing new things becoming available for the Shockwave.

I heard back from GG&G. They don't have any plans to make a Magpul foregrip/heat shield combo, and said a heat shield will not fit the Magpul foregrip. I reckon TerryH is smarter than they are.

Found a nice (and cheap) sling for the Shockwave. It's a Blackhawk Mountain Sling. It runs about $15 to $20. It has an anti-slip section of the sling to help keep it in place on your shoulder. It is comfortable and very quick and easy to use. In the video, Mr. Holster's Shockwave has the safety strap on the forearm. You can just grab the forearm if you have removed the safety strap without having to twist your hand (see the 2nd video). Notice that you wear the sling on your weak shoulder (left for right-handed and right for left-handed).

http://defenderoutdoors.com/blackhawk-73sm00bk-mountain-sling
I learned about the sling from a Mr. Holster video. It carries easy and has a fast deploy.

Mr. Holster can take getting used to.

In the first video he receives the sling.

In the second video he uses the sling.

Last edited:
Back