• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I added a UTG rail to it today and tried using a HQ mini green laser.....

I'm afraid the strain was more than it could bear! :) It was easy enough to zero but would not hold it after the thunder. I even mounted a Rail Dogz camera mount thinking I could film it and the shock turned off my Kodak.....

100_8334.JPG

The best laid schemes of mice and men.....

I added a UTG rail to it today and tried using a HQ mini green laser.....

I'm afraid the strain was more than it could bear! :) It was easy enough to zero but would not hold it after the thunder. I even mounted a Rail Dogz camera mount thinking I could film it and the shock turned off my Kodak.....

View attachment 17198

The best laid schemes of mice and men.....

That's why I used that little V4. It's light, and sits low. Plus, their customer service manager assured me she wouldn't be hearing from me again, even if I mounted it on an AR pistol.

After much range time, I'm back to using the factory corncob sans strap, I have better control w/it than the GG&G-modded Magpul forend I'd been using (yet another Shockwave experiment item to sell, sigh).
I'm using the GG&G Shockwave light mount (I'm impressed, very quality & KISS) but am torn as to which light to use.
Right now, it's between the 20 lumen MFT Torch (light, low profile) and the 350/140 lumen (depending upon whether you use a CR123 or AA) Streamlight RM-1.
The MFT seems adequate for in-house use and is sufficiently low-profile not to snag on things.
The Streamlight protrudes farther and is more likely to snag on things, but of course is more powerful.

If this was for in-home use only, what's everyone's opinion as to which light you'd use? Thx!...
Tomac

PB180006.JPG

PB180002.JPG

My son and I went out looking for Shockwaves today. I have my own and he looked to price one for himself. Man-oh-man are they varied in pricing out there. We went to a large Atlanta-area gun-show and they varied there in price from $369 up to $499 each at the same show. We then went to two local gun-shops and found them at $349 each. He put money down on one of these. The prices were basically the same for 12-gauge and 20-gauge.

So my first picture on this forum is NOT of my new 20ga Shockwave. I will get it on Monday, so pictures then. Until then, here's my sparrow, Baby Bird. She is human imprinted, which means she thinks she is a human. Therefore, she is totally tame and does anything that she pleases. :)

BTW - This is the last time I'll post here about non Mossberg topics. I realize that I have been way off topic. I'm Sorry. I'll be happy to PM anyone to communicate about any non Mossberg topics.

P2ulwpf.jpg

Rico;

Back on topic, I'm considering a laser on one or both of my Shockwaves. Probably the LaserLyte Center Mass. It looks very interesting. I will probably go with the UTG rail, inexpensive, but I have a UTG rail on all my Ruger 10/22s and they have been rock solid.

Best regards.
LaserLyte Center Mass sucks! Just got one for my Shockwave and with the new batteries that came with it the thing is so weak it's useless. When you turn it on it is initially very bright but within a second it is so dim you can barely make it out.
Save your money.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Back