• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

piper

Copper BB
I JUST PICKED UP A 715T. I CANNOT GET MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS IN THE MAGAZINE EVEN USING THE LOADER. IN THEIR REVIEW, GUN TEST STATED THEY COULD ONLY LOAD 17 ROUNDS AND THAT WITH A THIRD HAND DEPRESSING THE MAGAZINE SPRING. WHAT KIND OF LOADING SUCCESS ARE YOU ALL HAVING?
I ALSO WAS LOOKING TO BUY SOME EXTRA MAGAZINES AND THE ONLY SOURCE I COULD FIND WAS MOSSBERG VIA THEIR WEB SITE. I ORDERED 2, GOT A CONFIRMATION, AND A CHARGE TO MY DEBIT CARD. I SENT CUSTOMER SERVICE A COUPLE OF EMAILS ASKING ABOUT DELVIERY BUT GOT NO RESPONSE. IS THIS TYPICAL?
THE GUN ITSELF LOOKS AND FEELS GREAT AND IF IT SHOOTS STRAIGHT I WILL BE DELIGHTED. GUN TEST WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH ACCURACY AND OVERALL QUALITY OF THE RIFLE,

Re: 715T Magazine

I can get 25 in mine, 24 is easy, but the last one is a push.

I bought the magazine at Bass Pro. The day I got it, I loaded up 25 and let it sit for a month, fully loaded. That took the stiffness out of the spring and now it is pretty easy to load. Watch out for where the straight (10 round) section joins into the curved (25 round) section. You might be sticking there.

Oh, and the gun shoots straight, that is not a worry!

715T Magazine

I was going to recommend the same thing. Load it up, let it sit for a bit. Unless you are catching on a lip where the metal joins the polymer.

I really do not understand with the complaints from people not being able to fill the magazine to the 25 capacity. I have two and from day one I used the speed loader and loaded both to 25 easily. I wonder if people are catching on the lip and not realizing it. Ship your magazine to me and I will load it for ya :ugeek:

flatline74 said:
I really do not understand with the complaints from people not being able to fill the magazine to the 25 capacity. I have two and from day one I used the speed loader and loaded both to 25 easily. I wonder if people are catching on the lip and not realizing it. Ship your magazine to me and I will load it for ya :ugeek:
not all mags are created equal :roll:

I bought 2 more for the kid next door and one was good the other a jambomatic returned it and got a good one

they are 10 round mags in a polymere housing that extends the mag to 25 however they go from 10 round STRAIGHT MAG to a CURVED MAG and the hang on number 11 the first round in the curved section
...& its the mag follower thats getting hungup in the transition from staright to curved

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Magazines

looking around, I see it seems everyone is out of the 25rd magazine for the 715t. i believe the part number is 95712. Any place any of you picked some of these up that seem to be good quality and not an arm and a leg? Ive been to 7 sites, all good prices but all out of stock. I only found some at a site that was last updated 2011 and did not "feel" right, and on mossberg's site for 30 each plus shipping, every where else seemed to be out of stock. any leads would be appreciated. I would not mind even if I had to buy a few 10rd ones that were really reasonable. cheapest in-stock I found of those were 52 for 3 pack plus shipping.

any help much appreciated.

flatline74 said:

THANKS BUT I SHIPPED IT TO MOSSBERG, INSTEAD. FOR REPLACEMENT. THEY ARE VERY ACCOMODATING ABOUT RETURNS. THE EDITOR FOR GUN TESTS MAGAZINE MAY 2012 ISSUE SAID HE COULD ONLY LOAD 17 AND THAT WITH A THIRD HAND PUSHING DOWN ON THE SPRING LEVER. I FIGURE THEY SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN ME (MAYBE EVEN BETTER THAN YOU?)
AND AS OUR COLLEAGUE SAID. NOT ALL MAGAZINES ARE CREATED EQUAL.

I BOUGHT TWO ADDITIONAL MAGAZINES AND THEY BOTH LOADED TO 25. BUT I AM TAKING THE GOOD ADVICE AND LEAVING THEM FULLY LOADED FOR A MONTH OR SO.

THANKS EVERYBODY

Piper, please stop typing in all caps. If need be, review the forum rules.

Makes people think your shouting and then things get all crazy like...

Rossignol said:
Piper, please stop typing in all caps. If need be, review the forum rules.

Makes people think your shouting and then things get all crazy like...

I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE I CANNOT READ THE LOWER CASE. I AM 89 YEARS OLD. MY SHOUTING DAYS HAVE LONG SINCE LEFT ME THOUGH PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME SAY I AM A PRETTY QUIET KIND OF GUY NEITHER DO I THINK THE FOLKS WHO RESPONDED THOUGHT I WAS SHOUTING. READ THEIR RESPONSES AGAIN. IT IS NOT REALLY A QUESTION OF UPPER CASE OR LOWER CASE BUT THE TONE OF THE NOTE. AT LEAST I THINK ANYWAY. AND WHAT DO THEY SAY ABOUT IT BEING IN THE MIND OF THE BEHOLDER.

I gotcha, my bad Piper. Something we usually avoid. Generally all caps equals shouting in type...

Hi - The 25 round magazine that came with mine wasn't too bad to load. The top (thin section) moved back and forth enough to work around the tight turn.

However, I purchased a second 25 round magazine and could only load 11-12 rounds before it would stick. To fix it I loosened the 6 magazine screws just enough to change the angle slightly so that it now matches to original magazine. It seems to be working fine now.

fyi,

Jim

drum magazine

does anyone know where i can get a drum magazine that will work with the mossberg 715 plinkster ?

Re: drum magazine

If they had them ...I'd be on one quicker than a wolf on a fat spring fawn... :D
Maybe if we'all emailed Mossberg about it they might at least think about it

Will a 702 25 rd mag work with a 715 T?

New to the site...Just picked up a 715 T and besides Bass Pros, I can't find a 25 round mag that isn't out of stock and I tried 40 or more sites. I prefer not to buy from Bass Pros after a very bad experience with them. I'm not one of those crazy guys that doesn't understand mistakes are made, but not accepting a return with receipt and still in origional package because it was bought at another store from a different city in the same state two days prior was enough to turn me off of them. Plus they are expensive.

If anyone knows an online source to pick up a 25 rd mag in stock, please pass it on.

I also noticed a 10 round mag can swap between a 702 and 715t. Will a 702 25 round mag also be compatible with a 715T?

Thanks, Dan

Re: Will a 702 25 rd mag work with a 715 T?

Slickrock said:
Will a 702 25 round mag also be compatible with a 715T?

Thanks, Dan

From what I was able to gleam from a couple of searches, the 715t 25 round magazine will fit the 702.

Not sure it will work the other way around (not sure if the mags are one in the same or different designs that would forbid comparability in both directions), I have no personal exp with either of these two guns.

I did not see any in stock anywhere while searching for info.

MikeD said:
Slickrock said:
Will a 702 25 round mag also be compatible with a 715T?

Thanks, Dan

From what I was able to gleam from a couple of searches, the 715t 25 round magazine will fit the 702.

Not sure it will work the other way around (not sure if the mags are one in the same or different designs that would forbid comparability in both directions), I have no personal exp with either of these two guns.

I did not see any in stock anywhere while searching for info.

Thanks for the response. Before I bought he gun, it seemed hat a lot of places had 25 rd mags, then after finlly buying one on sale at big 5 and waiting ten day, I can't find the anywhere. I have a 702 mag and it looks different than the 715, but they are listed for both guns. I'd be interested to know inf the 702 mag works on he 715. It may fit, but it may not lign up and look really awkward. I hope to find someone tht has done it.

What is different ?
Basically they're the same magazines . I switch mine around ( got 4 -25rd and 1 - 10rd ) all the time.
Don't forget that these are "tacticooled" 702 Plinkster's , even the 10rd mag fits both

Yes they both fit. The 25 round clip is just a 10 round clip with extra plastic at the bottom. I can take a picture later if you want to see them side by side.

Back