• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

I sold my TAC-22 flattop a few months back but I thought I would add some comments and suggestions regarding the gun. Having been bitten by the AR "bug", I have a lower I'll eventually get a .22LR upper for. But for now, the 10/22 and 597 are what the kids shoot. Maybe a S&W 15-22 down the road?

I had 2 mags which was enough for my kids--one would load while the other would shoot. The extra mag was bought before the mania for $21 from Midway (I think). I don't know where I found the loading "trick" but we were usually always able to load the mags to full capacity.

Here is how it is done: load rounds using the loader included with the magazine and also pull down on the follower as you go with the "buttons" on the side. When it gets impossible to insert any more rounds, lightly tap the bottom of the mag down on the table while holding pressure on the loader and continue to load rounds. And the loading will get easier as the mags get "broken in". A little silicone spray helps ease things, also.

It was a good gun and well worth the money but a little cheesy compared to more expensive AR-15 "clones". I cleaned the sharp edges from the clamshell-case, especially the grip area which made the gun more comfy to hold. Also smoothed and lubed rub points in the case and also in the receiver/on the bolt... It was also ammo-sensitive and required hi-vel ammo to cycle correctly. Maybe it would have gotten better as it broke it more.

715T_Expert said:
Get an old credit card and cut a strip of it (long ways) that is about the width of the "viewing window" on the plastic portion of the magazine. When you get enough rounds into the mag to where it becomes difficult to load, insert the plastic strip through that opening and between the red follower and the bottom round. Gently push the red follower down slightly from both sides using the plastic strip and you will be able to finish loading the 25 rounds. Be careful not to push it down too much or the top rounds will start to tip up.

I am having a hard time visualizing, can you post a pic or 2?

My supply of 22 finally went back up 200 rounds, so I took mine to the range again to ventilate some pumpkins. The two 25 rd mags still don't like to load more than 11rds about 40% of the time. I actually let them sit loaded for almost 2 months and it didn't help. But, the gun itself is still doing great. I have yet to clean it and it is yet to have problems... well, other than it doesn't like to eject subsonic rounds :roll:

Gunowner99 said:
715T_Expert said:
Get an old credit card and cut a strip of it (long ways) that is about the width of the "viewing window" on the plastic portion of the magazine. When you get enough rounds into the mag to where it becomes difficult to load, insert the plastic strip through that opening and between the red follower and the bottom round. Gently push the red follower down slightly from both sides using the plastic strip and you will be able to finish loading the 25 rounds. Be careful not to push it down too much or the top rounds will start to tip up.

I am having a hard time visualizing, can you post a pic or 2?

The plastic strip goes through the slot between the red follower and the bottom round.

When the rounds become difficult to insert, give a quick tug downward on the plastic strip from both sides. This drops the red follower down slightly and loosens the tension on the loaded stack.

Attachments

• 20131123_143134.jpg
    20131123_143134.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 20131123_143146.jpg
    20131123_143146.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 529
My supply of 22 finally went back up 200 rounds, so I took mine to the range again to ventilate some pumpkins. The two 25 rd mags still don't like to load more than 11rds about 40% of the time. I actually let them sit loaded for almost 2 months and it didn't help. But, the gun itself is still doing great. I have yet to clean it and it is yet to have problems... well, other than it doesn't like to eject subsonic rounds

All you need to do to get the 11th round in a tight magazine is put your fingernail on the first rounds rim slightly sticking through the side hole and push it slight in. The rest of the rounds will load easily.

called GRCH outfitters today? They are Mossberg dealer in Canada .They take care of warranty issues. I asked if they had any 25 round mags for sale and they informed me that on jan14 2014 that 25 rd mags will be illegal in canada due to the fact that mossberg Is putting out a handgun that takes these mags.Told me that they would send me a 10 rd mag free.anybody else hear anything on this?

This would be crazy... The main purposes that we bought the 715t riffle was 25 round magazine...

Let see how this will turn out.

I would just wonder if they would have a 10 rd mag for the pistol and the 25 rd something exchangeable ? So it would keep our 25 rd mags still legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Greco to enquire about buying extra 25 round mags and was told they would be illegal on jan 14 2014. I was referred to Grech by mossberg .com because of a warranty issue

Back