• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

Could somebody please explain why a 25 round rifle mag would become illegal because mossberg is selling a handgun that takes same mags?And why would mossberg do this when they can,t keep the 715flattop on the shelves in canada?They are selling like hot cakes because of the 25 round mags!

I don't know about the laws in Canada, but here's an article saying there will be a 10 round mag.
The article raises another issue (USA). Adding a forward grip, which this "pistol" begs for.
"If the barrel of a gun is less then 16 inches or the over all length is less then 26 inches then it’s considered a pistol and by law you can’t have a vertical grip or stock on it…unless you give the ATF $200 and fill out a form."
http://mossberg715t.com/mossberg-715p-for-sale/

brianmac65 said:
Why not just take the stock off 715 t and saw the barrel off.c,mon
You would then be “making” a firearm requiring registration and in US must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.”
Still, it doesn't make sense that a magazine that is legal for an existing rifle would be outlawed because it could be used illegally in a new pistol. What about vertical forward grips?
To answer your questions, I dunno.

In canada we are allowed 25 rd mag pinned to 5 rd.For non restricted 223 kel tec su 16. Robinsons arms etc . But there is a 10 rd mag for a handgun that also fits these rifles and it is legal to own and buy as non restricted. I believe they are lar mags. Anyway that's my rant.

Well, I loaded my 4 mags again this weekend. Did not need a credit card, the device Mossberg supplies was sufficient and no issues whatsoever. Finally, last time I could only get 12 in some.

Most states in the US don't have pistol mag restrictions (I have a 33rd mag for one of my Glocks) so I don't see why Mossberg would stop making them.

715T_Expert said:
Get an old credit card and cut a strip of it (long ways) that is about the width of the "viewing window" on the plastic portion of the magazine. When you get enough rounds into the mag to where it becomes difficult to load, insert the plastic strip through that opening and between the red follower and the bottom round. Gently push the red follower down slightly from both sides using the plastic strip and you will be able to finish loading the 25 rounds. Be careful not to push it down too much or the top rounds will start to tip up.

Why not use a wire tie? :?:

I have no problem loading with the mag loader?You just have to push it all the way down and then release a little pressure off it 'just enough to slide the bullet under

if you use the mag loader wrong you will have troubles.and cartridge # 24 and25 will be hard to load.Once you get the mag loader right it will be easy and no FTf or fte.On A sad note I lost my mag loader in the snow and can't seem to buy another.now I can only load 19to 20 cartridges in my mag

The mag loader that comes with the mag works great until it doesn't. When the rounds truly get hard to load the little tab in the loader that does the pushing will bend over to one side. Once that happens you can straighten the tab but it will never be as strong as it originally was.

I found that my Butler Creek Baby UpLula speed loader also works great and is much more solid. I bought the UpLula for my .380's and was pleased to discover that it works equally as well for these .22 mags.

We'll I will have to see if butler creek can ship this item,but I may not need it because 25 rd mags will be illegal as of jan 14 .Anyway that's what Grech told me .In case your wondering what I'm yakking about ,I'm from Canada.

What I have heard is since this mag is specified for the 715t it will be still usable in Canada. The pistol may not be available in Canada (at least I hope so...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the 25 rd mag is banned in Canada ,will I be notified by somebody or is it my responsibility to find that out?

brianmac65 said:
Can anyone tell me if the 25 rd mag is banned in Canada ,will I be notified by somebody or is it my responsibility to find that out?

This rumor seems to go around every few months.
It is not about to be banned in Canada.
I spoke to the people at Cabela's Canada and they have received no notification about any issues with the 25 round magazine.
I was in P&D Enterprises (Edmonton) http://p-d-ent.com/ and they just received a new shipment of the mags last week...about $30 each if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for info I called mossberg on jan 7 2014.Mossberg told me to contact Grech outdoors in canada for any warranty related issues with my 715t.Upon contacting them regarding an warranty issue ,I also enquired about purchasing extra 25 rd mags and was told that they would not be selling them any more as of jan 14 2014.Grech said mossberg is putting a new handgun that uses these mags and they will become illegal in Canada.I am going to call them back today to see if they are going to send my parts and I will enquired about mags again.Grech is Canada,s supplier for Mossberg

Back