• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 817 Bolt Action Troubleshooting

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your mossberg 817 bolt action; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has had a problem with their barrel being slightly skewed to the side?

I've been having a few accuracy problems with my 817 (got it in February 2011), at first I put it down to a couple of cheap scopes but when I ran into problems with a scope I knew was 100% fine I started looking into it further, and I've noticed that the barrel is skewed slightly to the left of centre of the receiver, is this normal?! And if not, is there any way to fix it? I tried to remove the pins that hold the barrel on to check it further but they were in solid and wont move!

Thanks

be real careful with the 817 bought one in feb first shot it blew up sent it back to mossberg they sent new one cleaned it and first shot it blew up really bad split the barrel on top and bottom piece of something went through hand now I am pissed time to make mossberg pay

Back