• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Blackhawk 835 Spec-Ops Conversion

nasa said:
It was a little tough getting the Power-Pak to all fit and get it on the stock. Notice I have it one notch forward. The difference in the pad is very noticeable. You can feel a considerable difference before you even put it on. Just give it a squeeze and compare. A couple of pics here.

All my pics are shot at 10 megapixels so I use Gimp to crop, resize and reduce the image for upload. Recently went with 600 pixels on width.

I cant tell do you have the cheek riser on yours? I have it on mine and mine looks different. It said in the instructions that if you use sights to use the high and low one if you use bead. What about cheek slap have you had any?

Very little as I have two points of energy absorption, the first on the slide just behind the mounting point and the second in the tube. After you fire a few rounds you can see where it travels. Just do not shoot it in the fully collapsed position. I think the thing about cheek slap is someone that does not have the recoil reducing model or those that do not firmly place the butt against their shoulder or shoot it in the totally collapsed position..

nasa said:
Very little as I have two points of energy absorption, the first on the slide just behind the mounting point and the second in the tube. After you fire a few rounds you can see where it travels. Just do not shoot it in the fully collapsed position. I think the thing about cheek slap is someone that does not have the recoil reducing model or those that do not firmly place the butt against their shoulder or shoot it in the totally collapsed position..

Yeah the ones I saw were either shooting 3 inch slugs it buck and were shooting it in full forward. There was one that Git cheek slap in every position using 3 inch slugs but they didn't have the cheek rests. Do you have the high or low cheek rest on yours? Which do you recommend fire ghost ring sights high or low?

Im thinking about getting me a choate extended magazine tube for my 500. If I do I will have jim ruiz cerakote it up in OD green to match everything else. Anyone using one of these tubes? How do you like it?

tnxdshooter said:
Im thinking about getting me a choate extended magazine tube for my 500. If I do I will have jim ruiz cerakote it up in OD green to match everything else. Anyone using one of these tubes? How do you like it?

The other day after installing the rear ghost ring I shouldered the weapon and it appeared the ghost rings were to low using the high cheek rest. When I get it back from predator I am going to shoulder it again and see. I may have to take the damned thing apart and use the low cheek piece which considering how big of a pain it was to get that all installed anyways I am not looking forward to it.

I am using the high rest and either using a 3-9x40 scope on weaver see through rings mounted on a weaver rail mounted via the factory drilled and tapped holes on top of the receiver or a UAG quick point 1x25 on its own rings. I'm a bit on the far sighted side and wear progressive bifocals. I haven't used the ghost rings.

I have fiber optics on my .22 single shot rifle barrel and like them pretty well. On my 835, I still have the vented rail 28 inch barrel and was thinking about putting fiber optics on the rail.

It all depends on what your target is and what kind of conditions. A quick point for fast response, uses a battery, a scope when stalking game, limits field of view but gets you closer to where you want to hit, bead sights, never fail if you line the up properly, peep sights for distance shots, need to calculate trajectory.

I would have a lot of different things if I had the money but I have shallow pockets.

It's really up to the individual. I have friends that shoot on an 1800 meter range with about 10 miles of clearing behind the range. I helped build a shooting table with them and ask why they braced it so well.
For the 50 cals, what do you expect, was the answer.

Makes the 3.5 magnum rounds look like a BB gun. Talk about some recoil.

nasa said:
I am using the high rest and either using a 3-9x40 scope on weaver see through rings mounted on a weaver rail mounted via the factory drilled and tapped holes on top of the receiver or a UAG quick point 1x25 on its own rings. I'm a bit on the far sighted side and wear progressive bifocals. I haven't used the ghost rings.

I have fiber optics on my .22 single shot rifle barrel and like them pretty well. On my 835, I still have the vented rail 28 inch barrel and was thinking about putting fiber optics on the rail.

It all depends on what your target is and what kind of conditions. A quick point for fast response, uses a battery, a scope when stalking game, limits field of view but gets you closer to where you want to hit, bead sights, never fail if you line the up properly, peep sights for distance shots, need to calculate trajectory.

I would have a lot of different things if I had the money but I have shallow pockets.

It's really up to the individual. I have friends that shoot on an 1800 meter range with about 10 miles of clearing behind the range. I helped build a shooting table with them and ask why they braced it so well.
For the 50 cals, what do you expect, was the answer.

Makes the 3.5 magnum rounds look like a BB gun. Talk about some recoil.

Well when I get it back I will shoulder the weapon again and see but it seemed as though that with the high cheek rest when I shouldered the weapon the sight picture was way to high (above the ghost rings even). So if I reshoulder it and it is still to high when I get it back then I will take the high rise cheek piece off and then shoulder it and see what that does? If it still is to high the only other thing I know to do would be to get one of those drop spacers.

I may go ahead and order a drop spacer just to see what that does since it is not to far off as it was extremely hard for me to get the power pak on there I am sure it will be twice as hard to get it off and may have to have a professional do it.

Re: Latest on 835 Pictures

Hogs, varmints, moles, prairie dogs, farrow cats and what ever else might sneak up on us here at the Kat Ranch. The laser and light for night and the quick point for day. The bi-pod helped me get it sighted and is easily removed as well as all the rest. I don't think it's to bad considering right now I have less than the cost of a new 835 at Walmart in it. #00 at 50 yards busts up my wooden pallets I use to hold my targets.

It's a UTG swivel mount. A button press on each, spring loaded extends to full position. I would have rather had a Harris except for the cost.

The UAG quick point needed tightening up where the optics screw together but I caught it in time and since I have had no problems.

Very reliable at 50 yards.

Sent with my modified D2G running TapTalk.

Blackhawk 835 Ulti-Mag 12 gauge 10+1, quick point limbsaver and spec-ops recoil reducing stock with tri-rail, laser, light and bipod.

It has very much of a "sniper rifle" look to it in the pictures. I like it.

Very cool. That looks great with a bipod!

What's the red thing next to the shells?

Back