• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Light, switch and rigging suggestion for 930

I use a Streamlight 69906 mount for my TLR-1S. It overlaps the handguard so you don't need a pressure switch. Like I say in the video, this mount has the activation switch 15 inches away from the trigger. So you have some basis for comparison, that same light mounted on a rail at the base of an 870 magazine tube is 18 inches away from the trigger. I tried the Elzetta mount on my shotguns and didn't like it. I prefer rail mounted lights and the Streamlight mount in this video requires no tools to use and therefor adds zero time to assembly and disassembly of the weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9PcFhmzv4

930 Spx pistol grip-Limbsaver?

Does anyone know if the limbsaver will fit the model with the pistol grip? If so, have any of you compared it to the stock recoil pad that is on this model? Does it lower recoil a lot?

Thanks,

Re: 930 Spx pistol grip-Limbsaver?

Good call on the templates mossy!

I run a Limbsaver on my 930 and it's night and day compared to the factory pad. Definitely a worthwhile investment...

Re: 930 Spx pistol grip-Limbsaver?

Here is what BossHarp has to say:
"For all of ya'll who like the Choate Mark 5 PG stock but hate the hard recoil pad and loooonger LOP I have finally found the answer.. It's the Limbsaver 'Speed Mount' Grind to fit pad from Sims Vibration Laboratory!!! After the Limbsaver medium slip on did not work quite right I was bound and determined to fit a Limbsaver to my 930..So I took off the Choate pad and laid it right on the templates in the catalog that came with the slip-on.After a lot of measuring and fiddling the ONLY one that had a chance of working was the 'Speed Mount'..They have 2 models, part number#10540 that is 1" thick and #10544 that is 5/8" thick.I went with the 1" but if your going for the smallest LOP you go with 5/8".. It really feels like shooting a 20 ga with this pad and because of the sloped heel and toe design makes it easy for me put it right in the sweet spot on my shoulder and as a plus it puts my eyes right where I can see the fiber optic sights PERFECT for shooting slugs!This pad made such a HUGE difference to my shooting accurately with slugs I really hope somehow Choate and Sims could work together and make it a factory option for the Mark 5 and even Mossberg it's self going on the SPX and 'Turkey' models...Since the Limbsaver IS considered the MOST effective recoil reduction pad in the world it is a natural choice for anyone recoil sensitive or just likes magnum loads.If I could I would lock Fred Choate and Corey Paulsen in Mossbergs corporate headquarters till a deal was struck! The 'Speed Mount' was worth every penny and I'm really glad I have one on my "CM Turkey Pro" ! "

"I plan to make a step by step thread with pics to show how I modified the Limbsaver to work on a 930 but till then I wanted to post 'quick and dirty' directions for anyone to do it now..Because the Choate pad is so BIG, square and blockey the Sims pad makes a really big difference.In a nutshell you will drill a 3rd hole in the GRINDABLE area of the Sims pad and make it and the Choate 'spacer' one piece The widest end of the Sims pad is to the the top of the stock ....The factory holes in the Limbsaver are not wide enough apart to match the Choate so we are adding one that will..1st shorten the 2 factory pad screws by 1/3" to 1/2"....2nd flip the spacer over to use as a template to drill the third hole in the Sims pad [bit same size as the shortened Choate screw] Be careful as there IS a top and bottom to the spacer and it must be oriented correctly. 3rd...You will need a new short screw that further ties the spacer to the Sims pad [this goes in the factory hole in the Sims pad that was not wide enough] Use the Sims pad and spacer as a templates together to drill this hole in the spacer.Hole size will be the same as the screw you use. By using this 3rd screw to tie the pad and the spacer together it makes it more stable and stronger. 4th.....Put it all together to test fit the length of all screws ect.There will be enough 'overhang' [over 1/2" at toe of pad!] so when you grind it will fit perfect but just barely towards the bottom. 5th....After checking the fit scuff the bottom plastic of the Sims pad and the bottom edge of the spacer with sandpaper and super glue the 2 together..PRESTO!! A great stock and the best recoil pad together! I have not ground mine down at this point [loss use of L. arm] yet as my son had to go out of town.I think I am going to wrap duct tape around the stock and grind with it on the gun but I will check with Sims first.This sounds harder than it is but it really is easy..All you need is one extra screw,a drill bit and glue It is so worth doing! "

Surefire fury question

Great site and first post. I'm looking to install a surefire fury onto my 930 SPX but would really appreciate feedback on what kind of holder/clamp I should use. Do I go with a "figure 8?" or should I use a rail? Where is the best place to get it?
As far as the light goes, I haven't seen a fury with a switch on it. I'm wanting one with a pad. Can someone please steer me in the right direction? I've looked around all day and am more confused that when I started.
Thanks very much,
Joe

Re: Surefire fury question

Great post.

I bought one of the ATI figure 8 light holders and after I used it the first time, I took it off the gun.

Turns out, with a smooth finish, and recoil, that the light mount slides forward with each shot.

But I have heard better reviews of the elzetta shotgun light mount, but they're more expensive. But this is one of those times where you get what you pay for.

As for the light that you linked, depending on how you mount it, I'm unsure if you'd be able to use the tapeswitch. I suppose it would depend on if it was long enough in relation to where and how everything was mounted.

http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm

I can't answer your question but wanted to welcome you aboard! I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your question. I hope you take some time to post in the new member welcome area too.

Edit - looks like John and I were posting at the same time.

A lot of people have been having trouble with Aimpro as of late. They've dropped the ball on more than one occasion that I am aware of.

Ok, thanks for the help. I think I've decided what my set up is going to be and I would appreciate all of your thoughts on this. I think I'll go with the Aim Pro tri rail, X300 Ultra surefire light, with a XTO7 pressure switch.
What do you guys think?
Thanks,
Joe

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

My quest to mount a Limbsaver on the SPX PG stock is on hold, even though there is apparently now a template on a G-T-F. The Mesa Tactical Urbino stock will most likely have a Limbsaver option. :)

Pawpaw said:
joekan said:
But I like the Streamlight TLR HL. Anyone have one for a review?

If you're talking about the TLR-1 HL, I have one on my 930. No remote switch needed for me. Mounted on the left side, the bottom rocker is the momentary side and it falls right near my thumb. Push it and 630 lumens turns darkness into daylight.

I bought mine here: http://gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=STL-69260

That is the one for me! :) Thanks for the link too

For those interested,

I firmly believe in a weapon mounted light, having spent 75% of my career working at night. There's a lot to be said for seeing what you might be shooting at. I've been contemplating and researching for a year to find the best weapon mounted light solution for my SPX 930 Blackwater and I think I've got it down. Currently running a Streamlight TLR-1 HL at the right front of my Aimpro forend. Have the remote backplate and the "Tape Switch" hooked in. the 7" cord tucks into the grooves between the forend and barrel, routes under the barrel, then the tape switch is mounted to the top spacer above the rail on the left side of the Aimpro forend. Quality light with 550 lumens, solid mount, and perfect amount of wire with no excess to worry about. Works perfectly.

Side note,

If you're planning on giving this a try, make sure you attach the "Tape Switch" and not the solid mount "Remote Switch". I really like the TLR-1 HL. The thing is like having the Sun at the end of your gun. I can illuminate and identify at 100 yards with no problem. Have the same light on my EDC Glock 19. Uniformity is a good thing!

Where's a good place to get a compensator, ( 50cal style)? I'm assuming I'd have to get my barrel threaded, unless they make it in a choke tube type style. ( sorry if this is a dump question. ) before getting into 3 gun, shotguns to me were fire hunting and HD.

24" JM Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from the one that comes on the Road Blocker series of guns I've not seen one that was added after the fact.

You may be able to order a Road Blocker barrel from OFM.

Back