• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Aside from the one that comes on the Road Blocker series of guns I've not seen one that was added after the fact.

You may be able to order a Road Blocker barrel from OFM.

Ok cool. Good info. Thank you. I'm thinking about having 2 different barrel setups for my JM. Just toying with the idea at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at one of the roadblocker barrels up close yesterday.

My local shop had one on the wall and I couldn't resist an up-close look. The barrel itself tapers/flares out just before the brake, so it would appear that they use the heavy breacher barrels and pin the brake onto the breacher tip. That's just an observation, but the breacher barrels are the only ones I've seen with the flared muzzle. If that is the case, you might have trouble finding a way to attach that brake to a standard barrel. I would say that @MikeD 's suggestion of simply picking up a roadblocker barrel is your best bet. The barrels usually run around $150. By the time you buy the brake and have it threaded or pinned onto a barrel you'd be spending much more than that on parts and labor...

I was looking at one of the roadblocker barrels up close yesterday.

My local shop had one on the wall and I couldn't resist an up-close look. The barrel itself tapers/flares out just before the brake, so it would appear that they use the heavy breacher barrels and pin the brake onto the breacher tip. That's just an observation, but the breacher barrels are the only ones I've seen with the flared muzzle. If that is the case, you might have trouble finding a way to attach that brake to a standard barrel. I would say that @MikeD 's suggestion of simply picking up a roadblocker barrel is your best bet. The barrels usually run around $150. By the time you buy the brake and have it threaded or pinned onto a barrel you'd be spending much more than that on parts and labor...

$150? Wow, I thought they'd be a lot more than that. I think you're right, that would be cheaper. Really appreciate you guys taking the time. Thank you. I'll let everyone know if I can work this out. Think it'd be a lot of fun.

Got a visit from the big brown truck today.:)

Side saddle made it in. Still waiting for the match saver and hiviz follower. Pics to follow when everything is in.:)

FYI: don't tighten the mounting screws down to tight. It will slow or even prevent the bolt from cycling. And use blue loc tite.

4upebuqe.jpg

teju8a3e.jpg

y5udy6u7.jpg

I know a side saddle isn't very exciting. But, it's my new toy. Hope you will indulge me.

Hope it was ok to post this here. If not, please fill free to move or delete.

Last edited:
Aside from the one that comes on the Road Blocker series of guns I've not seen one that was added after the fact.

You may be able to order a Road Blocker barrel from OFM.

Link?

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

^ Not likely.

The list of available barrels on Mossberg's site is a joke. Your best bet when ordering a barrel from Mossberg is to call it in and ask for a replacement barrel for the particular shotgun model # that comes with the barrel you want. The service reps can look up the barrel part number from there. The 18.5" 930 Roadblocker model number is 85335 and Mossberg Sales number is (800) 363-3555...

And I can just swap the OEM barrel from my JM Pro to the barrel from the Roadblocker?

Yes Sir.

When you call in to order make sure the barrel assembly is complete, gas spring and all. That way it'll be a simple swap back and forth...

Haven't looked into the Roadblocker barrel, but most of their barrels are in the $150-$180 range...

Yes Sir.

When you call in to order make sure the barrel assembly is complete, gas spring and all. That way it'll be a simple swap back and forth...

Great info. Thank you for the advice. I know it wasn't my question. But, I'm looking at doing the same think. Thank you

Ordered.

I was told it could be 6 to 8 weeks.

Oh well.

The black muzzle break will look great with the green barrel and receiver.

Got it in one week, nice!

I know you're a happy camper. Lookin forward to seeing how you like it once you've had a chance to send a few rounds through it...

Is there anything I need to know?

I got it for the cosmetics, I absolutely love the way it looks.

I have zero problems controlling the muzzle climb.

Just hold on and enjoy the ride.

I would imagine you'll notice a degree of difference in recoil with the new brake. The biggest adjustment might be with the higher placement of the bead, so the new sight plane may take some getting used to. I'm curious to know what you think after your initial run...

I use a laser and a reflex on my 930, so for me, the bead is there for show.

Do you recommend a particular Youtube video for me to learn how to do the barrel swap?

Last edited:
Back