• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Ill see how i like it. Its easy to remove if it doesn't work out. Ill report back after I get a chance to run her.
Curious about the CFR - does it allow the stock forend to sit slightly farther back?

If so, that might be an easy way for me to get my Nordic tube to sit exactly flush with the barrel, and also eliminate any gap between the mag tube and extension. Hmm....

Finally decided to install my box of parts that I have been accumulating over the last year

OR3Gun Marine Spacer Tube.
OR3Gun Competition Forearm Retainer.
GG&G Follower
AimPro TriRail Forend
Magpul AFG2
SKY TAC Modified Lifter
Nordic Components Bolt Handle (already installed)

The barrel is a Mossberg 18.5" Security model.

Before:
930_001_zpscsbicn9i.jpg

During:
930_002_zpsmeshvk56.jpg

The OR3GUN CFR needed quite a bit of filing and sanding to mate to the receiver and a bit more to allow the TriRail Forend to fit properly. I knew this going in, just wanted to point it out in case anyone assumed all the parts were just drop ins.
I have both versions of the Marine Spacer Tube so I may swap back and forth as needed.

After:
930_003_zpsciw1tq0v.jpg

930_004_zpsviktfrvi.jpg

Overall I like that I can easily swap forends and convert between my lightweight hunting gun and a nice HD model.

I got to run a few rounds through it over the weekend. The bugs were soo bad at the cabin In ly put a few rounds through it.

The AFG really hurts the hand unless you hold the backside with palm forward as if you were grabbing a verticle grip. I'll be removing it.

My Nordic Components charging handle disappeared. It fell out and I was unable to find it anywhere. This happened to me once before but I was able to find it. At that time I thought it was a fluke but this time tells me otherwise. I'm not sure if it is the spring in the bolt that is the issue or the notch in the handle. I was going to swap it out anyway for other reasons but I still hated to lose it as now I cannot debug the issue. I guess if it never happens again I can blame the handle.

As for the other components. I had 1 in 5 failures to eject with some light Winchester Universal target loads #8 shot.

I swapped barrels and shot a bot of Hornady SST slugs. I had one failure to load but no ejection issues.

My number of shots fired was really to low to make any definite conclusions, esp with a bunch of new parts that had not been broken in. I need to get out where I can shoot without inhaling mosquitoes with every breath.

Back