• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Thanks for posting up your findings on the Nordic Components barrel clamp issue on 3rd generation 930 SPX.

Nordic Components Charging Handle

p475516624-4.jpg

p202996488-4.jpg

p237076159-4.jpg

p38076840-4.jpg

First Impressions: The Nordic Components charging handle appears to be very well made and is surprisingly light. I did not measure it on a gram scale but it is very close to the stock charging handle that came with my Mossberg 930 autoloader.

Installation: You simply pull out your stock charging handle and insert your new Nordic Components charging handle.

Use: Well after throwing a ton of lead down range with the Nordic Components charging handle I can safely recommend this product for any Mossberg 930 Autoloader looking for a better feeling charging handle. The charging handle is well built, very ergonomic while providing great grip even when wearing thick gloves, light enough to not cause the bolt to jam when the Mossberg 930 Autoloader starts getting dirty and for me looks as though it should have came directly from Mossberg with it installed.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nordic Magazine Extension Tubes
p428054833-4.jpg

p402063635-4.jpg

p461234503-4.jpg

p59954400-4.jpg

p430916768-4.jpg

+5 (~11.75)
p317931578-4.jpg

+4 (~10.25")
p467728558-4.jpg

+3 (~8.5")
p73839393-4.jpg

+2 (~6")
p755895212-4.jpg

First Impressions: The finish on the Nordic Components magazine extension tubes is nearly identical to the factory finish on my Mossberg 930 Autoloader. This is a huge plus for me as I like parts that look as though they should have came directly from Mossberg with them installed. Additionally, all 3 parts of the setup seem well made and screw into each other smoothly.

Installation: You simply remove your factory magazine cap and assembly, screw on the Nordic Components system, measure and cut the supplied spring to approximately 10-16" longer than the factory magazine tube + the Nordic Components extension (I cut mine to ~10" to achieve full capacity and function) and finally you screw on the cap.

Use: With each of the Nordic Components magazine extension tubes I was able to achieve the indicated increases in magazine capacity. My Mossberg 930 Autoloader performed flawlessly while loading and firing with the newly installed Nordic Components magazine extension tubes. I really can't say enough about the fit, finish and functionality of these tubes; they are great! They work exactly as they should and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to increase the capacity of your Mossberg 930 Autoloader.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP3chtk5QwA[/youtube]

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Glad to hear that Paul. I emailed Tim but haven't heard back from him, and I've been interviewing officer candidates since last week so I haven't had a chance to call him. Good to hear that they are taking care of you.

Nordic Components were great to deal with! We deal with manufacturers all day long and there are very few who take care of their customers like NC does! We will be carrying their Mossberg related products. I would like to offer sort of a one stop shop for 930 accessories. We handle the M4/AR/M16 platform but we are big fans of the 930 and feel it warrants some attention! I'm curious what your opinions are everyone so let us know!

Paul
Loess Hills Tactical

Policetacteam said:
Nordic Components were great to deal with! We deal with manufacturers all day long and there are very few who take care of their customers like NC does! We will be carrying their Mossberg related products. I would like to offer sort of a one stop shop for 930 accessories. We handle the M4/AR/M16 platform but we are big fans of the 930 and feel it warrants some attention! I'm curious what your opinions are everyone so let us know!

Paul
Loess Hills Tactical
Paul;
a one stop shop would be great. If you can supply the Elite Tactical Advantage (ETA for short ) Rhino rail system for the Mossberg 930 SPX, I would definitely order one thru you guys.

I have seen them but have not had the chance to try one out yet.

DHonovich said:
I have seen them but have not had the chance to try one out yet.
Just emailed them about getting a saddle mount and rail combo with barrel clamp to see if they could make one... This would fill the heat shield problems for us... If they say they won't come out with one .... I guess I'll have to purchase a one for Project 930 SPX...

RippSpeed said:
DHonovich said:
I guess I'll have to purchase a one for Project 930 SPX...
innovation... i like this guy. :mrgreen: meanwhile i'm still debating how to outfit my spx. still on the fence about the trirail. i may just do the nordic clamp with mini rail since you guys have worked with nordic and gotten things worked out over the new barrel.

Nordic Components Shotgun Tube Clamp
p156370574-4.jpg

p115826950-4.jpg

p20813362-4.jpg

p337776738-4.jpg

Nordic Components Extended Cap (Adds 3/4" to the tube)
p81548484-4.jpg

p358186109-4.jpg

p394895993-4.jpg

p34113265-4.jpg

I'm new to this site...but have been around AR15.com for a good bit. I started making a single point sling plate about a year ago and wanted to let everyone here know about it.

This is a picture a customer sent me of his install. I also make a web version that is on the website below. I have them in stock and ready to ship. Feel free to email me for info.

--
C.Pearce
AC Tactical Gear
812-499-2247
http://actacticalgear.goods.officelive.com/default.aspx

Installation video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21i8CdXwc00

Attachments

• newplate1.jpg
    newplate1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,362
Policetacteam said:
[I contacted Tim Ubl, Engineering Manager, at Nordic Components and had a very informative discussion about the issue. Tim advised that NC was aware of the issue and quickly offered several solutions which involved bending the barrel clamp to fit the new, larger dimensioned barrel. I told Tim that I had a better chance of winning the Powerball than actually bending the clamp properly.

Paul:
I just got two of the newer barrels back from Mike at Aimpro and so I had to resolve the same issue that you did. Here is how I got around it.
I took an 11/16" Craftsman socket, put it in the barrel channel of the clamp halves, padded the jaws on my vise, positioned the barrel section of the clamp in the jaws, and then clamped it down. I did this slowly, applying even pressure to very gently squeeze the outside of the clamp body down around the socket. After a couple of progressive attempts, I got the bend right and the clamp ears fit around the socket perfectly. I then test fit the clamp around the barrel and mag tube extension body. My clamp now fits the newer thick profile barrels.
The procedure really isn't hard at all, and as long as you are careful with it and don't gorilla grip it there won't be any problems.

Anyone knows where to find a sling???

I'm going to take a tactical shotgun class... And I need a sling that uses the factory sling holes on the 3rd Gen 930spx... I dont want to use those plates because it'll extend my mag tube even more, pass the muzzle... Anyone point me in the right direction ???

Re: Anyone knows where to find a sling???

Uncle Mike's along with various other manufacturers make sling mounts for swivel studs. I would get a pair of those and then choose a sling that best fits your needs. I use the Rocky Mountain Tactical slings but there are countless options available.

You're taking a tactical class that requires a sling? Is this a field combat class? :?

DHonovich said:
Uncle Mike's along with various other manufacturers make sling mounts for swivel studs. I would get a pair of those and then choose a sling that best fits your needs. I use the Rocky Mountain Tactical slings but there are countless options available.
Can you post imagines ???

Back