• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

S&J Hardware also came out with a 3 rail forend.
93020rail.jpg

It is $40 more, but I like the looks better.

I am about to purchase a Nordic Components Barrel Clamp, locally here in New Zealand, for my 930SPX. However I note from the Nordic website, if purchasing one for a 930SPX, to advise them so they can make the relevant modifications. I very much doubt that mine will have these modifications done. Does anyone know what Nordic do, in order to make their Barrel Clamp properly fit the 930SPX?

tcecil88 said:
S&J Hardware also came out with a 3 rail forend.
93020rail.jpg

It is $40 more, but I like the looks better.

Really!?!? Different strokes for different folks I suppose, but personally I think the Aimpoint Tactical fore end looks the business. Definately much better quality than the fore end that comes with the 930SPX and the S&J Hardware one, shown in your pic.

buckonz said:
I am about to purchase a Nordic Components Barrel Clamp, locally here in New Zealand, for my 930SPX. However I note from the Nordic website, if purchasing one for a 930SPX, to advise them so they can make the relevant modifications. I very much doubt that mine will have these modifications done. Does anyone know what Nordic do, in order to make their Barrel Clamp properly fit the 930SPX?

If you buy a Nordic Components Barrel Clamp, you will definitely need for them to modify it for your SPX. The SPX has a larger radius barrel so they will bend the clamp to fit.

I see the sheep avatar and I finally get it. You're from New Zealand where there are more sheep than people!

Spodeboy

spodeboy, Cactus Tactical sells a Nordic clamp specifically for Mossbergs with heavy barrels. This is where I got mine for my 3rd Gen HB 930 SPX. No mods required and fits great.
http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/nordi ... -2163.html
buckonz, while I agree that the Aimpro has more rail space and is probably more utilitarian, I personally think that the lines of the S&J will be more complimentary to the weapon and possibly more user friendly to the hands and gear, as opposed to the big rectangular block of the Aimpro. I will hold off on quality judgements till I have had a chance to examine both in hand. S&J makes high quality stuff so I have no doubts that their quality will be as good as Aimpro's.

tcecil88 said:
Cool, I hope you will enjoy it. I put an older Surefire 6P on mine. It works great. :)
DSC00858.jpg

Nice, I think Santa got me the same offset flashlight holder like yours!

Spodeboy

spodeboy said:
If you buy a Nordic Components Barrel Clamp, you will definitely need for them to modify it for your SPX. The SPX has a larger radius barrel so they will bend the clamp to fit.

I see the sheep avatar and I finally get it. You're from New Zealand where there are more sheep than people!

Spodeboy

I just purchased one online here in New Zealand, however I have no idea whether it's the one that's been modified for the Mossberg or not. I have a sneaking suspician that it won't be. Wonder how hard it is to modify myself?

tcecil88 said:
buckonz, while I agree that the Aimpro has more rail space and is probably more utilitarian, I personally think that the lines of the S&J will be more complimentary to the weapon and possibly more user friendly to the hands and gear, as opposed to the big rectangular block of the Aimpro. I will hold off on quality judgements till I have had a chance to examine both in hand. S&J makes high quality stuff so I have no doubts that their quality will be as good as Aimpro's.

That's probably a fair call.

I've seen some of the offerings of a barrel/mag tube clamp that has a picatinny rail on the side - does anyone know of a maker that offers a barrel/mag tube clamp that has a picatinny rail on top? Ideally, a clamp with a sling attachment on the side and a picatinny rail on top or a clamp with picatinny rails on the side and on the top. Has anyone seen something like this?

I need to make a clarification: I am looking for a clamp that goes around both the barrel and the mag tube, with the picatinny rails or sling attachment point.

Anybody know if the Nordic magazine barrel clamp will work with a Choate mag extension tube?

Also, does the clamp come with a section of picatinny rail?

Thanks

Hey Guys... Its been a long while.

I've been shooting alot of USPSA pistol and getting into 3gun this summer ... so I'm dusting off the 930spx and going to run her thru her paces...

Are there any must have 3 gun stuff I need to know about ???

I have the AIMPR tri-rail for my Mossberg 930 autoloader and I really like it. However it does not fit the breacher barrel with heatshield without trimming the heatshield on the barrel.

Back