• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

The barrel shoots just fine... did a 3 gun this past weekend. Right now I'm running a Trulock tactical, could have used a little tighter choke with the #8...

Any one need a 18 1/2 SPX barrel with tube & spring?

msp1jpp said:
Found that Mossberg sells this 24" Non Ported, Vent Ribed, Accu choked, Fiber optic sight barrel. Ordered one today 1-800-363-3555
part number for the 930 24DR non ported red dot fo ! Part # is 100270MT listed priced at $180 plus s&h 10.95 = 190.95

Hi all.

I just ordered this same barrel from Jessica at Mossberg a few minutes ago. It is the barrel made for the 24" JM Pro series. It does have the accu-choke and it comes with all three choke sizes but not the key. She is giving me a key with the order but you will need to ask for it. No springs or other parts are included and there is no discount for asking for one without the display packaging. The prices are now fixed but have not changed. The barrels are in stock and ready to ship.

This will be mounted on my 930 SPX. My local range imposed a 24" minimum barrel length for clay shooting recently and I won't own a firearm I can't take out and shoot. I was planning on selling the SPX at first and buying some type of pump combo but when I found this barrel was available I decided to keep it. I've already invested in a Choate PG stock, a Nordic barrel clamp and bolt handle, a GG&G mag follower and a Streamlight with remote switch setup so why take a loss on it?

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll put some before and after pictures up. If there is a better place on the forum to do so moderators please let me know. I'm new here and don't want to ruffle any feathers by neglecting forum rules. The information I've found here is the best I've found anywhere and I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Lon.

Well my barrel arrived in seven days but the good news ends there. It's wrong. Instead of the JM Pro barrel with the three piece flush mound Accu-choke set they sent me this turkey barrel and choke instead. http://www.mossberg.com/cgi-bin/commerc ... &key=93025

It did not have the adjustable front sight but the damage around it indicates someone at Maverick Arms may have tried to cobble a barrel together out of used parts. Yes, I said used. THE BARREL THEY SENT IS NOT EVEN NEW! The bore is both scored and dirty with powder residue from being previously fired and not cleaned. It looks like it was dropped on it's nose too because the front corners of the vent rib are smashed. It's not the only damage to the barrel either. Adding even more insult was the choke key they sent was for Utili-Mag chokes and doesn't fit the choke that came in the barrel. This is a picture of the barrel as I received it from maverick Arms. The paperwork was all correct. I don't think the problem is with the CS staff at Mossberg.

Oh no! For several reasons...how can they rush to failure in a week? I just ordered the same barrel (through Ignacio), I hope for their sales the barrel doesn't come to me like that...maybe they just got orders switched up? That is awful. What did their CS say?

UPDATE: got my barrel, not bad, ordered on Monday, delivered on Friday. Was told that I would get the entire set of chokes with (according to customer service sales rep), but of course only got the extended turkey choke. Barrel was in brand new condition as expected. Hopefully they got your issue resolved! If you need something, talk to Ignacio, he was very helpful, even though I am going to call back about the chokes.

Greetings,

Anyone got a line on a good Gunsmith that can thread a 930 spx 18.5" barrel for a choke?

Not sure where the best place is to post this question

Thanks
hagatha

hagatha said:
Greetings,

Anyone got a line on a good Gunsmith that can thread a 930 spx 18.5" barrel for a choke?

Not sure where the best place is to post this question

Thanks
hagatha

Are you looking for actual recommendations or just to be pointed in the right direction? I've never had this service done but a quick Google search led me to http://www.roseactionsports.com/Shotgun_Services.html I'd be far more inclined to find a factory barrel that's already drilled from Mossberg to use if you can live with a 22"-24" barrel. If it's threaded crooked point of impact will be way off and I'm not sure that it would be fixable without another barrel. There are plenty of shops that will weld on brakes and whatnot so perhaps a predrilled extender can be added to the end of the barrel to accommodate chokes. kingarmory.com Aimprotactical, Vang Comp are all company's you should ask. You'll want to know which generation barrel you have first. See the post by m24shooter 17th.down on 2nd. page. (why are there no post numbers here?)

zagmp03 said:
Oh no! For several reasons...how can they rush to failure in a week? I just ordered the same barrel (through Ignacio), I hope for their sales the barrel doesn't come to me like that...maybe they just got orders switched up? That is awful. What did their CS say?

UPDATE: got my barrel, not bad, ordered on Monday, delivered on Friday. Was told that I would get the entire set of chokes with (according to customer service sales rep), but of course only got the extended turkey choke. Barrel was in brand new condition as expected. Hopefully they got your issue resolved! If you need something, talk to Ignacio, he was very helpful, even though I am going to call back about the chokes.

I emailed Santa Hernandez (service@mossberg.com) who had resolved the issue of the bad barrel my XPS initially came with and he is sending a new barrel along with the chokes and a FED-EX tag to pick up the old barrel.

In the mean time I pick up my new Glock 22 today. :cool:

rotten said:
I emailed Santa Hernandez (service@mossberg.com) who had resolved the issue of the bad barrel my XPS initially came with and he is sending a new barrel along with the chokes and a FED-EX tag to pick up the old barrel.

In the mean time I pick up my new Glock 22 today. :cool:

Double sweet!

I think Mossberg's customer service gets a lot worse reputation than it currently has. I ordered that new barrel, not only was it fast, but when I was told it came with a full set of chokes and it didn't, I called and they are sending it out right away. And told me to keep the extended Turkey Choke. And so of course I bought a JM Pro charging handle ($20). :roll:

Ignacio was who helped me, he was awesome each time!

I always enjoy read'n some good news about Mossberg CS!

Thanks for posting fellas and I'm glad they got you guys squared away...

I was taking a good look at the new JM Pro barrel today and upon comparing it with the original SPX barrel I just noticed that on the SPX there is a painted blue coil spring installed in the gas piston sleeve portion of the barrel. This spring is not present on the new barrel and is not shown on the parts diagram that came with the gun. No SPX only parts are listed.

does anyone know what this spring does or it's correct application? I don't know if it is not used on the JM Pro or it's not shown because it is part of the barrel and should be there? You can see the spring in the port on the side of the sleeve in the SPX barrel (rear). I would really like to know what that spring is for.

Thanks!
Lon.

well I received this response to my email...

"Sir this spring has to be inside the lug of the barrel, I can send one but it is difficult in installing since they install it with a machine , Here in the Service Center."

That's it. They didn't even tell me what they intend to do, if anything, about my barrel issue or the missing part. again. He ignored my request that he tell me what the spring does as well. He did not explain how to install the spring or even tell me if they are sending one. He did not offer me another barrel.

Mossberg blew it. again.

A friend has been teetering on the edge of buying versamax or JM Pro. I will push him and anyone else I know away from purchasing any Mossberg products. I am through with them. Their firearms are mediocre at best and they are completely incompetent. They cannot hire a staff smart or skilled enough to make their warranty worth anything.

Getting information is like pulling teeth. They offer no ideas of their own. No assistance of any kind. I have to come up with the ideas to resolve the issues and then talk them into it every time and this is the third time they've given me a bad barrel. What would you do?

Sorry you had a bad experience with OFM CS. My dealings with them have been good.

The spring you are referring to is part of the gas recoil system and is under quite a load. From what I understand you can replace it yourself but it requires a good load of force to compress it.

If it was me I would call them back and ask that they replace the barrel or cover your shipping to send it back to them to replace the spring. It is supposed to be there and if they send it out without it, they should fix it.

As far as the VersaMax goes. To each their own. I've heard of a handful of issues with those as well. The grass is not always greener....

I can tell you from my personal experience that the 930 is a great gun that performs as well as if not better than the 11-87 I owned years ago.

At this point you have a gun that is not complete, even to sell it you will need that part replaced. I would stay on them til they make it right.

They are going to send a call tag for the barrel and install the spring.

It is unacceptable to me that there continues to be issues with the barrels they send because no cares enough to ensure the job is done properly. In my line of work heads would roll if a client had to come back a third time an the issue still wasn't fixed and I just fix cars. It's a firearm for crying out loud. Peoples lives could hang in the balance of it's functioning correctly and nobody at Mossberg is willing to take the time to ensure the parts are even all there!!

ridiculous!

I'm not pressing for the Versa-max but against getting screwed over by Mossberg like I was and I'm certainly not the only one with 930 barrel issues. It took over 6 months to get the defective SPX barrel replaced the first time. Now this will be another two times for the JM Pro barrel for the same gun. Mossberg apparently just doesn't care about it's clients or it's faulty products. I don't see how I can meaningfully express my dissatisfaction except to buy elsewhere and encourage others to do the same. I'd much rather be able to report everything is hunky dory and my shotgun works great but it doesn't.

looking for a 28" matte bbl for my 930.. no idea why all dealers are out of them.. Anyone got one for sale or know a source?

steve

Welcome aboard.

Your best bet for the barrel is to call Mossberg sales and order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

Well after waiting another month I received yet another barrel that is both damaged and used. It is not the same barrel they were supposed to simply install a recoil spring in for me. I have been assured they will be sending me a brand new barrel this time to rectify the situation but that's all I asked for in the first place. I specifically asked for one new in the clam shell packaging because they keep trying to pass of used and damaged reject barrels on me but they tell me they don't sell them that way because the clam shell package scratches up the barrel. A barrel that is merely scratched would be a major improvement on anything else they've sent so far.

Does anyone know what the relationship is between Mossberg and Maverick Arms based in Tx? They were the ones I dealt with for the first warranty issue years ago but also seem to be the ones that supply spare parts like the barrel I've ordered as well. Whatever their deal is it leaves us Mossberg owners with the short end of the stick when we need service. All I needed was to just buy a new spare barrel. I paid for it three months ago and they've been sending me a stream of used or incomplete junk ever since.

Back