• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

The JM Pro adds quite a few upgrades to the field model. Aside from the Boron Nitriding of the magazine tube, piston and hammer, the gun has a shorter forearm overhang, a mildly opened up loading port and the larger bolt release from the SPX. The most recent 22" JM Pro we un-boxed also had an enlarged, metal safety from the factory. It also came with 3 chokes, but I believe the last field model I saw had them too.

Also, the following popular aftermarket parts are on the 22" JM Pro from the factory:

Nordic +4 Extension ($75)
Nordic Magazine Clamp ($30)

If any of those parts weren't useful to you, the secondary market would likely take them off your hands and put most of the difference back in your pocket.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Thanks for the info, sounds like a winner! I like the short barrels and they seem hard to find.

Where can I find a 18 1/2 inch Home Security Barrel for my 930? I really do not want or have a need for the breacher version, just the standard beaded barrel.

Where can I find a 18 1/2 inch Home Security Barrel for my 930? I really do not want or have a need for the breacher version, just the standard beaded barrel.
I would contact Mossberg directly.

I found one by watching the classifieds for a while. They do pop up occasionally.

Wow. Crazy. I sent my barrel in cause I thought the brazing for the barrel band and front sight looked like shit. They sent me a new barrel in the factory cardboard shipping box. No questions asked once they got my barrel. The whole ordeal from call placed to new barrel at my door was about 1.5-2 weeks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looking for a standard 930 26" barrel, no ports. Where can I find one for sale?
I would contact OFM directly. They often have more options than shown on the web site if its not listed.

I wanted an 18 1\2" home security barrel so I called Mossberg and bought one direct from them for as great price. That was several years ago so the cost, $148, wouldnot be to date.

Hey guys, What is going on with the 930... I have been looking everywhere for a 24" Rifle sight slug barrel stock number 93010. everything is showing out of stock

I don't see a stock number in the 93's. They are all in the "85s" on their current website. I was looking for the "Home Security" model. But they have changed it to the "Combo Field/Security" model with interchangeable barrels.

85325_930Combo_910px.png

Last edited:
Combo/field could be a good thing. Field barrel during hunting season, and security barrel the rest of the year. The best of both worlds.

Anyone know if mossberg is selling SPX barrels?
The mossberg site doesn't list them.
I emailed mossberg but haven't received a reply.
I'm turning my 930 7+1 security into an SPX. Already have the OEM picatinny rail and LPA rear ghost ring, just need an SPX barrel with the tall sights now.

Update on Mossberg selling SPX barrels.
I recieved an email reply from mossberg stating they DO NOT sell 930 SPX barrels anymore..
Ughhh...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/lpa-front-shotgun-tall-ramped-sights-clamp-on.html

Well, with that info, I'll say, I do like the sight profile of the XS. You can mic your barrel, and possibly use the LPA band, or they have a sweat-on base as well.
I tried the lpa banded sight but no luck with my heavy barrel.
Settled on the XS for now as you know.
Would have loved to just get the solder on high sight (lpa) but after exhaustion my self on the phone there are no area gunsmiths within a 2 he drive that would solder/refinish my barrel.
Ughhh

I tried the lpa banded sight but no luck with my heavy barrel.
Settled on the XS for now as you know.
Would have loved to just get the solder on high sight (lpa) but after exhaustion my self on the phone there are no area gunsmiths within a 2 he drive that would solder/refinish my barrel.
Ughhh

Are you able to measure exactly the difference between your barrel OD and the LPA band ID? I have a cylinder hone...

Are you able to measure exactly the difference between your barrel OD and the LPA band ID? I have a cylinder hone...
Unfortunately I dont have any calipers and I have the LPA tall band sight listed on ebay to get some money back from it.
Thank you for the offer though, much appreciated.
I think I am just going to wait until I am allowed to post in marketplace and post a WTB for an OEM SPX barrel.
Mike

Last edited:
brownells cancelled my 2 year open order on mossberg 930 barrels. they say mossberg do not make them anymore and have removed the part from their catalogue.

probably focusing on 940 production and discontinued the 930 line.

OK bani, I just got off the phone with Mossberg Customer Support. I spoke with a Drew, who informed me that Mossberg is still manufacturing barrels and parts for the 930 shotgun. The deal-e-o with the two 18.5" security barrels (which show out-of-stock on Mossberg's webpage) is they are playing catch-up from the Covid pandemic and the rush on purchasing replacement barrels caused by people who are reconfiguring their 930 shotguns to also serve as a home security shotgun due to the surge in crime and unrest.
I would imagine other 930 barrels may be experiencing increased demand also. If the barrels show out-of-stock on Mossberg's web store, I would assume they are out of stock at most retail and on-line retailers too.

Back