• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

OhioArcher said:
Looks good. I may look at it further but...I'm confused...

About the Bobcat 930 forward grip:

We took feedback from several law enforcement agencies, the military and end users to design the newest Bobcat. Based off of the proven Devastator platform, the latest 2'nd generation Bobcat is completely militarized and functional... now ported to the Mossberg family of shotguns!

•Fits Remington model 930 / 935 ???

I think they need a proofreader...

Very good catch! I've looked at their site a few times, and never caught it myself. :lol:

I guess that I was paying more attention to the photos than the text. (or I may be getting old)

At least the photos show the Bobcat on what is obviously a Mossberg 930.

Thanks,

Duane

Duane said:
Bass Slayer72 said:
I want to replace the stock forend on my 930, but I was looking for something with a more slimed down or narrowing end like the Benelli M 4 forend, does anyone know of one that would work? Either a manufacture, model number, or site? Thanks guys….

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but an ETA Bobcat MIGHT be it.

http://www.elitetacticaladvantage.com/p ... t_930.html

I've got am Aimpro Tri-Rail fore end ordered myself...

http://www.aimprotactical.com/aimpro_ta ... forend.htm

There are a couple others out there, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Welcome to the forum. :D

Duane

Thanks for the site links, I like the Elite Tactical Bobcat 930 forend rail better than the AIMPRO Tactical 930 Picatinny forend. I’m not going need so much picatinny rail, I was planning on adding a surefire G2 with conversion cap on/off pressure switch on to the barrel after I add a +3 mag extender, and ghost sites. I already changed out the factory follower to a GG&G aftermarket part, threw a sling on her and that will be that.

I like the Bellini M 4 tactical entry shotgun’s forend, it’s thicker at the bottom and as it progresses forward, it becomes more slim lined or narrowed, I was really hoping to find a forend like that style to put on mine if I can, otherwise the bobcat is the leading contender.

Duane said:
OhioArcher said:
Looks good. I may look at it further but...I'm confused...

About the Bobcat 930 forward grip:

We took feedback from several law enforcement agencies, the military and end users to design the newest Bobcat. Based off of the proven Devastator platform, the latest 2'nd generation Bobcat is completely militarized and functional... now ported to the Mossberg family of shotguns!

•Fits Remington model 930 / 935 ???

I think they need a proofreader...

Very good catch! I've looked at their site a few times, and never caught it myself. :lol:

I guess that I was paying more attention to the photos than the text. (or I may be getting old)

At least the photos show the Bobcat on what is obviously a Mossberg 930.

Ha, I read the AD twice and didn't catch it, I was only paying attention to the 930/935.....

Thanks,

Duane

If your wanting a slim railed forend for your 930, the Aimpro ain't it. It is quite a bit wider than the factory forend. Add either ladder covers or full rail covers and you are wider still. Add a TLR-1s light and the SideArmor carrier like me and it is real wide. :)
The Bobcat looks more streamlined front to back, but don't know about side to side.

tcecil88 said:
If your wanting a slim railed forend for your 930, the Aimpro ain't it. It is quite a bit wider than the factory forend. Add either ladder covers or full rail covers and you are wider still. Add a TLR-1s light and the SideArmor carrier like me and it is real wide. :)
The Bobcat looks more streamlined front to back, but don't know about side to side.

I have not personally seen either an Aim-Pro Tri-Rail or a Bobcat.

But I have seen photos that WEVO (weapons evolution) posted comparing the Mossberg factory fore end to the Aim-Pro Tri-Rail fore end. From those side by side photos I would say that the Aim-Pro Tri-Rail is SLIGHTLY wider than the Mossberg factory fore end.

Just from looking at photos on web-sites, the Bobcat "looks" a little wider/bulkier, but may be more usable. I have not seen a side by side comparison.

I'm still waiting on my Aim-Pro Tri-Rail fore end. I'm very happy that they are doing a BOOMing business, but I'd also like to get mine.

I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Duane

I'm actually partial to the smoother shapes of the bobcat myself... didn't realize that their upper rail that turned it into a full quad rail, the rhino, was also so clean looking... till I saw a video of it tonight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xnkdEn4YQ[/youtube]

I got this from Elite Tactical today, if any of you guys are interested:

We have a few still in stock that are not as black as our usual hardcoat finish that we are selling at a discount.

She was referring to the Bobcat 930 forends.

Duane

I just wanted to share a simple mod that worked out very well for me on my 930..It is a $5.00 fore end strap from a 590. I used 2 short screws and a very small washer to add it on the factory black plastic fore end.It's black with nice lettering that says Mossberg.It helps me hold on to it in rapid fire [claw L. hand] but it makes it real easy to just simply pick it up.Cheap ,simple and if for some reason you decide you don't like it just take it off

This is my SPX with the Bobcat forend and Rhino rail.

IMG_0910a_zps51e8c0bd.jpg

IMG_0911a_zpsc2fdc936.jpg

As you see it pictured, with 13 rounds of Federal 00 Buckshot on board, it weighs in at 10.3 lbs. The 6 rounds on the buttstock actually helps balance it out and it handles a lot better.

Pawpaw said:
This is my SPX with the Bobcat forend and Rhino rail.

IMG_0910a_zps51e8c0bd.jpg

IMG_0911a_zpsc2fdc936.jpg

As you see it pictured, with 13 rounds of Federal 00 Buckshot on board, it weighs in at 10.3 lbs. The 6 rounds on the buttstock actually helps balance it out and it handles a lot better.

Where can I purchase this setup?

I don't want rails on my handguard. The ETA rail in particular looks really cool but I can't justify adding the extra weight. My TLR-1S is mounted behind the magazine cap and I don't use vertical grips. I added some grip tape that I cut to mirror the checkering and it feels pretty awesome.

Aimpro?

Does anyone know if aimpro is still around or not? I've tried calling (no answer/no voice mail) and e-mail (nothing) and in either case, there is no response. I've been wanting to order the tri rail for my 930 but have a couple of questions. Is there another manufacturer that makes a good tri rail for the 930?
Thanks,
Joe

Re: Aimpro?

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Now I'm screwed because I just ordered a light for it with the expectation of using the tri rail.

Back