• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Sweet!

I've dealt with NC in the past and they are top notch. Looking forward to seeing how you like that extension once it's installed...

Jut ordered a Nordic Clamp with Rail and +2 Extension as well.

Woot !

Thx LES. I'll get some shots of it. Love this shotgun..
I'm going to go with the stock spring and see how that cycles with the slugs..

Looking forward to your update...

...and pics... :D

S & J Follower

Am wanting to purchase a high-vis orange follower for my new 930 SPX. S&J has 2 options. One has a spring with it and appears to be a "full size" version while the other smaller size does not have a spring and appears to be shorter allowing I presume, assurance that all 7 shells will load. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to the shorter version?

Re: S & J Follower

welcome to the club from NY. i'm not familiar with the 930,but i'm sure one of the members that is will chime in shortly.
meantime take a look around the 930 sub forums.
viewforum.php?f=14

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't found any info yet on the differences of these 2 followers. Hopefully someone can tell me which I should get to maintain the 7 round capacity and smooth function. :?

S&J is a member on our forums so I am sure he will chime in shortly.

I did not see a spring? The followers either have a post extension or cup design. Bought the cup and fits well with the wolff spring for the 930 SPX. The spring is 29" and tapered at both ends. For possible mods, I bought 3 follwers anfd 3 wolff springs, do a search on the web.

Does anyone know anyone that has the +2 NC in Stock for the 930? I have been looking for awhile and can't find them anywhere. I ordered the tube and nut from NC and just read that it does not come with the tube cap so I will be canceling the order I am not paying $30+ over the package cost so want to see if anyone can point me in the correct direction

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

mr821907 said:
I just received my +2 mag extension with the 3/4 cap extension. My only problem I found is that I already cut the Nordic spring to 10 1/2 inches from the stock mag end "male thread side" to the end of the spring but I'm still having to pull the charging handle back very hard in order to pop out a shell to the lifter. I'm afraid to cut the Nordic spring any more so I've been using the stock spring "uncut" and its been manually chambering fine without any force. I was wondering if any of you guys have had this problem? And if so or not how much Nordic spring do you have left intact?

I just installed a Nordic +2 on my 930. Cut the spring to 16" (from end of Nordic mag extension cap unscrewed) as per the instructions.

I have the same issue as the poster above quoted. When fully loaded to 7 rounds in the mag tube, the first 2 rounds really need a forceful charging handle pull back to pop out onto the lifter. Once only 4-5 shells are left in the tube the issue goes away.

I wanted to poll everyone (who has completed this and had good feeding and extraction during live shooting) to see what their final spring length either in full length or measured from the magazine extension end was before I cut any more off.

Edit: Got a private msg. form the OP (mr821907). He states to use the factory SPX spring with the +2 NC extension. He has been using the factory spring and it is working perfect with no FTF and no FTE.

Also an update Lancer should prolly not be looked at yet I contacted Nate this morning and they do NOT make one for the 930 yet. They are looking at it but he said he could give no ETA, just recommended that people e-mail him if they would like updated status or to show interest

For anyone using a clamp, specifically the Nordic Clamp with their extensions, have you used any type of interface between the mag tube and clamp to assist in grip?

I want to make sure the clamp doesn't walk when shooting.

Since the clamp is aluminum and the bolts are steel I am apprehensive about torquing them too tight. Maybe the use of a interface will help as well as some blue loc-tite.

Makes breakdown have more steps, but is well worth it.

Mag spring retainer?

930 Home Security...

Do I need the mag spring retainer to keep the mag cap tight or is it just to keep the spring from popping out after taking off the cap?

Re: Mag spring retainer?

It'll run fine without it.

...but it does help keep the spring from smackin ya in the face when you take off the cap...

Re: Mag spring retainer?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It'll run fine without it.

...but it does help keep the spring from smackin ya in the face when you take off the cap...

This

kinda bummed out, Nordic tube clamp

Being new to the shotgun scene, the wifey and I added a 930 SPX Blackwater to our HD. After our research we added a Nordic tube clamp to our new Mossy.

Now I am anal about afew things in life especially when it comes to keeping things "tuned". We received the Nordic clamp a couple of days ago and I bolted it on with "elbow torque" since there is no mounting instructions with it. A few rounds later, I did a brief check over of the gun. Apparently my elbow torque was off and the Nordic clamp slid forward scratching the barrel and tube, what a drag.

DSCN1555_zps8f4b5288.jpg

Re: kinda bummed out, Nordic tube clamp

So you have the NC clamp made for the SPX barrel? Btw sorry to see your 930 get damaged; I know where you are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: kinda bummed out, Nordic tube clamp

You need to tighten the Nordic Clamp (as well as any other clamps) pretty tight. I would also recommend some blue Loc-Tite as well.

Get some Birchwood Casey Super Blue at your local gun store and follow the directions. It will darken those ares on your barrel pretty well so that they will blend a lot better with the pauperized finish.

Back